Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Butch on 31 January, 2015, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 31 January, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
I suspect the Day of Chaos issue (Which I hope is ALL in one volume, and features ONLY the MacNeil drawn direct prequel - alongside the main story, AND includes the DoC episode written by Michael Carroll...) may include pencil pages by Leigh Gallagher?

Pye Parr told Michael Carroll that his Day Of Chaos aftermath story, Debris (art by PJ Holden) is in volume 6. Make of that what you will.

Volume 6 will either deal with the aftermath of the DoC - get those Meg tales I havent read in there Hatchette!, or it'll be a collection of tales that have randomly included celebrity named block's in them over the years...?

ZenArcade

Coming in on this from a low knowlege base. We met up in Belfast today and Judge Russell brought along vol 1. It is a delight to behold. I particularly loved the addition of one of my fav Dredd stories 'Firepower'.
I can see the attraction for people cursorarly picking up vol 1 in a newsagents. I wish the developers all of the very best. I just hope the £10 per fortnight isn't just a wee bit too much. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Richard

The colour centre spreads from the 1970s and early 80s are not worth reprinting in colour to be honest. I don't know what the fuss is about. The colour didn't get good until after prog 500.

user2000

Quote from: Richard on 31 January, 2015, 10:17:03 PM
The colour centre spreads from the 1970s and early 80s are not worth reprinting in colour to be honest. I don't know what the fuss is about. The colour didn't get good until after prog 500.

The point for me is just the fact that they WERE presented in colour originally.  Much nicer reading the ABC Warriors collection with the original centre spreads presented in colour, just looks, and feels, much nicer.

Should be done with this so called "mega" collection.

Exactly my point Butch, just as I was typing!

user2000

Quote from: Butch on 31 January, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

Just looked at that spread in the case files and it looks rubbish in comparison to the original.

ZenArcade

I bought the first 5 Strontium Dog S D Agency files years ago and they were pish compared to the old Titan single release. There were no colour inserts in the first 4 files and the McNeil end to file 5 was the only colour. When I contrast that with what I saw today, it is day and night. Z
That is a fantastic colour spread Butch btw.

Magnetica

Quote from: user2000 on 31 January, 2015, 10:28:39 PM

The point for me is just the fact that they WERE presented in colour originally.  Much nicer reading the ABC Warriors collection with the original centre spreads presented in colour, just looks, and feels, much nicer.

Should be done with this so called "mega" collection.

Yes absolutely. That's why I want them. If you haven't seen them in colour you have n't seen them. Doesn't matter if later printing was better. Indeed you could say the paper was worse prior to Prog 500, but really that doesn't matter.

Oh and thanks for putting that shot up sauchie.

BPP

Quote from: Spikes on 31 January, 2015, 04:18:41 PM
Quote from: Butch on 31 January, 2015, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 31 January, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
I suspect the Day of Chaos issue (Which I hope is ALL in one volume, and features ONLY the MacNeil drawn direct prequel - alongside the main story, AND includes the DoC episode written by Michael Carroll...) may include pencil pages by Leigh Gallagher?

Pye Parr told Michael Carroll that his Day Of Chaos aftermath story, Debris (art by PJ Holden) is in volume 6. Make of that what you will.

Is debris the one where the man travels up a city block in a gravity chute with massive man crushing boulders and doesn't get a scratch?

Volume 6 will either deal with the aftermath of the DoC - get those Meg tales I havent read in there Hatchette!, or it'll be a collection of tales that have randomly included celebrity named block's in them over the years...?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

BPP

Quote from: Richard on 31 January, 2015, 10:17:03 PM

Mental.

Seriously. Oz colour spreads where some of the best ever -Dillons Chopper over the ocean, McCarthy's birdmen, Will Simpsons 'finale' at Uluruh... Amazing stuff.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

Quote from: BPP on 01 February, 2015, 12:56:16 AM
Is debris the one where the man travels up a city block in a gravity chute with massive man crushing boulders and doesn't get a scratch?

Nope, it's the one where the man is badly injured, ends up in hospital, and then in rehab, as addressed in a subsequent 2-part story.

Also, Richard, you should have gone to Specsavers.

Steve Green

The colour spread thing - I wonder what the options are for reproducing it?

Do the films exist for centre spreads with the overlays, like Steve Cook has for some covers?

Would people rather see them as they appeared, with iffy alignment?

Or would a perfect representation of how they could have looked be the preferred option?

Spikes

Gotta be iffy alignment. Iffy alignment for the win!

ZenArcade

Magnetica

I'm all for having them as close to the originals as possible. I don't want them artificially"improved".

I have some early Dredd's in original Prog form and collected editions where they have changed the colours to something else and to me that makes no sense. I (personal opinion) have zero interest in colours that aren't as per the original Progs.