Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Heavy mob is one of the books that I am MOST interested in getting. As I don't have the stories collected elsewhere and although I know that they are not the best written ones there is some lovely art
It's a joke. I was joking.

Zenith 666

The Corps and Maelstrom(has It ever been reprinted)would surely have made better stories and Debris is an odd choice as alone it doesn't work for a new reader.Still I loved Wynter(why did this not return) and it's got some great art.Brit-cit Brute is still awful not to be disrespectful but Morrison and Percival have done superior work father earth is great.really looking forward to Cursed Earth.

Skullmo

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 15 April, 2015, 12:46:09 PM
The Corps and Maelstrom(has It ever been reprinted)would surely have made better stories

The Corps and Maelstrom have been reprinted together in an extreme edition. This can be found using the obligate symbiotic monster Google.

Fear not though, as they will also be reprinted in an upcoming edition of the Mega Collection as it says here http://www.sidekickcast.com/judge-dredd-mega-collection-7-the-heavy-mob/ ''When we saw this issue's title we expected to see The Corp, Insurrection or Maelstrom as those stories give a better glimpse at the Space Corp than anything presented here, but the introduction in this book says these stories will be presented at a later date'' and seemingly also in the very book you mention

Skullmo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 April, 2015, 10:19:56 AM
Maybe we overestimate the amount of quality material that really exists for books of this size

I reckon they have run out of stories

The Monarch

Can't please everyone I suppose I enjoyed this book it was a nice collection

robert_ellis

This was a very strange collection of stories - the start to Debris was abrupt & k have no idea who Dolman is from this collection. Nice cover but much of the art made me think back to TOXIC! The bolland stuff was a nice surprise but overall this was disappointing. Great endpapers, cover, intro & interview. This is the first wobble of an issue in an otherwise stellar series. I guess I'd rather see more regular stuff first - very happy to see cursed earth next fortnight. I'll be scanning in the missing pages and getting the Pritt stick out!

Buttonman

Not got mine yet!

In 80 volumes there will be the odd clunker - got to spread them around or no one will buy when the good stuff is finished!

IndigoPrime

The obvious response there is perhaps there should have been fewer volumes.

Grugz

got "heavy mob" read it, wasn't my cup o' joe,selling it ...any offers pm me before I stick it on ebay.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

robert_ellis

Reading "Warzone" was particularly mind boggling - it's not obvious for pages that we're not on earth. The lush forrest did seem strange for the Cursed Earth. Since there was no planet fall sequence I was left confused. Was there any explanation in the original megazine issues or did this "forgotten war" exist in other stories - or am I guilty of being dim?

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: Skullmo on 15 April, 2015, 01:52:03 PM
Maybe we overestimate the amount of quality material that really exists for books of this size

I was going to attempt to prove this wrong but I only managed to list 50 odd :(

I'm still fairly optimistic 80 could be done though.

Mattofthespurs

Issues 6 & 7 have just arrived from Hachette, 8 days after they first appeared as posted on my subs page.

Both in perfect condition.

Skullmo

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 16 April, 2015, 09:32:57 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 15 April, 2015, 01:52:03 PM

I was going to attempt to prove this wrong but I only managed to list 50 odd :(

I'm still fairly optimistic 80 could be done though.

I was being facetious.

Super Mario

I liked the first Holocaust 12 story and the second was okay even though the Holocaust Squad barely featured. But I found Langly's art very hard to make out, all blurry and over-saturated, although I enjoyed some of his designs. It was interesting to see an example of his early work.

I didn't think Brit Cit Brute would be as bad as folk were making out, but the first story proved me wrong. A bizarre choice for the collection I think.

Spikes

Just picked up my copy from the newsagent, and a quick flick through reveals at least half of this looks to be of interest. Some poor repro on the older stories though, which is maybe understandable.

As others have said, maybe better stories could have been included - though im not a Meg reader, so im pretty unfamiliar with what's out there.

Im sure there will be some duds in this collection (And 80 books, now that I think of it - again, is a lot to fill, though im sure there's enough quality material to fill the bulk of them...)

Next fortnight's offering though, is an undisputed classic, so well and truly back on course.