Main Menu

2000AD Books Site Update

Started by The Adventurer, 08 January, 2008, 03:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

New Books have Appeared over on the 2000AD Books site.

Some interesting choices coming up...

SLÁINE: THE KING

JUDGE DEATH: BOYHOOD OF A SUPERFIEND

JUDGE ANDERSON: SHAMBALLA

JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CASE FILES 10

The Judge Death book interests me, I really enjoyed My Name is Death.

Interesting that we're starting to get the Megazine Grant/Ranson Anderson stories before getting some kind of Anderson Casefiles for the early Anderson stand alones.

And more Dredd and Slaine.

I'll be buying them all because I am a consumer whore.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php" target="_blank">2000AD Books - Coming Soon

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

"before getting some kind of Anderson Casefiles"

I did ask Jon ages ago whether the Anderson trade line would be rebooted, a la Dredd. The answer back then was no, and the new book appears to confirm that. Good to see more clasic Sláine's on the way, though, and that the Dredd chunky volumes are continuing.

Dark Jimbo

Great to see Slaine The King - Glen Fabry just blows my mind, and he did some of his best work here. I've also gained a newfound appreciation for Slaine after having the chance to finally read it all in order, from the beginning, before it dissapeared up its own arse post-Horned God (Books of Invasion excepted).

I think Anderson's far more suited to a standard colour trade format than Case Files, so great to see that too - but I'm still hoping for a re-issue of the first one in the current trade dress before I pick that up.

All looking good as usual, really (but still no Robo-Hunter 4, I see). :-(
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Robo-Hunter's still on hiatus, it seems. That might change in the unlikely event of loads of people suddenly buying the first three books, but don't hold your breath.

ThryllSeekyr

Just off the top of my head.

Without even taking the book from the shelf.

I think the next Slaine book shoudl start at 'Tomb Of Terror'.

Am I right?