Main Menu

Dublin Comic Con Aug 12-13

Started by Rara Avis, 28 July, 2017, 11:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rara Avis

Hello Fellow Earthlets, Any Irish squaxx heading to this?

maryanddavid

I'll probably be there on the Saturday. Not sure of what to expect, any at last years and is there much in the way of comic guests/comic dealers or is mostly Film and TV tat? I'm really only going to bring the kids, who apparently will be cosplaying, should be fun on the train!

Rara Avis

I'm heading on Sunday myself and a lot of the guests are doing both days so it's only the panels that are different. They have the Batman this year.

http://www.dublincomiccon.com/index.php#events

This is my first comic con so I don't really know what to expect.

I definitely want to attend this panel:

Dinosaurs on Screen - The Good, The Bad and The Raptorous
PANEL ROOM 1
Dinosaurs have been portrayed in many ways on screen over the years, but how accurate have their depictions been? We discuss the good, the bad and the downright wrong in our panel hosted by Geek Ireland and the HSI.

And this movie sounds amazing:

Predator : Celtic Nights
SCREENING ROOM
25 min run time. 16s +. Predator fan film made in Ireland. Screening followed by talk with creators.

However I am seriously considering getting a ticket for this on Saturday:

Medieval Combat Ireland
PANEL ROOM 1
Medieval Combat Ireland discussing aspects of the full contact sport.

I'd say there are going to be a fair few stalls at it. If you can pop over to the Dublin City Comics stall. That is where I get my weekly thrills and the guys there are unreal sound.

Maybe this is shit compared to other cons, I have no frame of reference but I am getting pretty excited.