Main Menu

Dictaphone recommendations

Started by Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK, 20 May, 2017, 02:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

I come up with my best ideas while driving and so have decided to invest in a Dictaphone. I see they have different types for different situations. Does anyone know what kind would be best for recording whilst driving?

The machine I have my eye on is a Sony ICD-PX470 which is recommended for recording conversations. Any input is appreciated.

The Legendary Shark

I'd suggest getting one that works with a bluetooth headset unless you want to risk being continually pulled by the fuzz as they mistake your dictaphone for a mobile.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Enigmatic Dr X

Dunno if it's available for private use, but I use Big Hand all day, every day, in my Real Life.

EDIT: This is an app. It works on your phone and, in the car, via Bluetooth.
Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

Hello, Mr. Supreme.
Or as they called you around the forum: Zepp.
I want you to make a choice.
There's a slow-acting poison coursing through your system, which only I have the antidote for.
Will you murder a perfectly decent thread to save yourself?
Listen carefully, if you will.
There are rules.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Mobile apps won't work for me as I don't have a smart phone. I am literally planning on throwing it on the dashboard while driving (and taking it with me when not) and as soon as I have an idea hit record and talk away.

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

TordelBack

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 21 May, 2017, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK on 20 May, 2017, 02:22:32 PM
a Dictaphone

"Can't you use a finger like most people?"

Damnit, beaten to the punch!

Pizza, you know you can grab an Android 6 smartphone from Tesco PAYG  for less than 50 quid, slap a 32GB SD card in it and only ever use it over wi-fi at home/work/Starbucks? You don't actually need the expense of an iPhone or a monthly contract, and a lot of apps will work fine offline, including music players, voice recorders etc.  I was a longti e smartphone holdout myself, and have still never had a contract or owned a posh one, but phone plans aside they are magnificent pieces of kit.

(And voice calls over WhatsApp or Skype are free once you can get on someone's WiFi).

Lobo Baggins

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

The Legendary Shark

Haven't heard that one in years and now it crops up twice in as many weeks.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]