Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 21 January, 2021, 08:10:09 AM
... but we haven't had The Phoenix for weeks and the boys are getting a bit impatient about that; just one of those things and not exactly the end of the world (yet).

Oh that's interesting. The Phoenix is back on track and fine here. We got this weeks on Saturday rather than Friday but that's largely to do with the snow we got I imagine killing delievers on Thursday.

Fingers crossed you get a relief package soon.

Tomwe

Anyone else missing this week's prog?

Magnetica

My Progs seem to no longer come on Saturdays but mid week.

The Monarch

tuesday seems to be the sweet spot for me now

ming

Quote from: Magnetica on 04 February, 2021, 10:41:09 AM

My Progs seem to no longer come at all. 

My annual subs renewal payment went through today - starting to wonder where my Progs are though - nothing has arrived here in Norway since the bumper Christmas issue.  Not even sure what I can do about it at this point...

Tomwe

Came today

Magnetica

Quote from: ming on 05 February, 2021, 03:49:04 PM

My annual subs renewal payment went through today - starting to wonder where my Progs are though - nothing has arrived here in Norway since the bumper Christmas issue.  Not even sure what I can do about it at this point...

The latest Meg hasn't shown up yet. I contacted Rebellion on Monday and they have promised to send another, which is pretty good customer service as far as I am concerned.

sleeping koala

I'm a subscriber from Australia.
PROG 2199 I never got as well Judge Dredd megazine number 424.
Contacted Oliver the subs droid who passed my email on to his replacement.
PROG 2199 out of stock so was offered a digital copy and refund.
Judge Dredd megazine , got replacement copy.
Now prog 2211 has gone AWOL and looks like it is also out of stock.

Bolt-01

Interesting (make that semi-disturbing) to read that recent issues are oos.

Could this be while newsagents make returns? Actually what 'does' happen to returns?

ming

Quote from: Magnetica on 05 February, 2021, 06:30:35 PM

The latest Meg hasn't shown up yet. I contacted Rebellion on Monday and they have promised to send another, which is pretty good customer service as far as I am concerned.

It's not the customer service element I'm worried about, more the systemic problems there seems to be in getting large-envelope-printed-stuff through the post from the UK to Norway lately...  The Phoenix now seems to be getting through but I'm missing so many Progs and I don't know whether to assume they're lost or just held up somewhere, and that's not something customer service can assist with.  I don't want to hassle them for replacements when they might just turn up so I've held off up to know - if there's no sign of Prog life in a couple of weeks I'll see if anything can be done I guess.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: ming on 06 February, 2021, 08:46:51 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 05 February, 2021, 06:30:35 PM

It's not the customer service element I'm worried about, more the systemic problems there seems to be in getting large-envelope-printed-stuff through the post from the UK to Norway lately...  The Phoenix now seems to be getting through but I'm missing so many Progs and I don't know whether to assume they're lost or just held up somewhere, and that's not something customer service can assist with.  I don't want to hassle them for replacements when they might just turn up so I've held off up to know - if there's no sign of Prog life in a couple of weeks I'll see if anything can be done I guess.

In my case, I discovered that the system had decided not to reward me with weekly thrill-power anymore  and had cancelled my subscription for me on New Year's Day!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ming

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 06 February, 2021, 09:55:27 PMIn my case, I discovered that the system had decided not to reward me with weekly thrill-power anymore  and had cancelled my subscription for me on New Year's Day!!

I'll check my subs status but I'm fairly sure this isn't the problem - my annual sub didn't renew until early February (and I got the automatic email letting me know that payment had gone through okay).  I think it's just Brexit-related postal meltdown or something.  I'll give it another couple of weeks and then contact subs about whatever issues haven't made it through (the last four, pretty much).

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: ming on 07 February, 2021, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 06 February, 2021, 09:55:27 PMIn my case, I discovered that the system had decided not to reward me with weekly thrill-power anymore  and had cancelled my subscription for me on New Year's Day!!

I'll check my subs status but I'm fairly sure this isn't the problem - my annual sub didn't renew until early February (and I got the automatic email letting me know that payment had gone through okay).  I think it's just Brexit-related postal meltdown or something.  I'll give it another couple of weeks and then contact subs about whatever issues haven't made it through (the last four, pretty much).
Ok mate, hope you receive/recover your missing Issues and good luck!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ming

2214 and 2215 showed up today - glad I held off hassling subs peeps about it; just a bit of patience required these days.  Hopefully the other issues will dribble in in due course.  I'm just glad I don't have a UK-sourced mail-based lobster subscription.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 09 February, 2021, 12:56:42 PM
2214 and 2215 showed up today - glad I held off hassling subs peeps about it; just a bit of patience required these days.  Hopefully the other issues will dribble in in due course.  I'm just glad I don't have a UK-sourced mail-based lobster subscription.

Good to hear stuff is starting to get through. Fingers crossed the rest show up in due course.