Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Of the ones available, I highly recommend Manhattan Projects, Saga, Elephantmen, and The Fuse

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

Good grief. Walking Dead compendium one is in there. And I see almost no duplicates from the first Image Humble Bundle. Thanks for the nod.

Colin YNWA

Love the fact that you can decide where your monies go to as well. Gave almost half to Image, almost half to Heroes Initiative and what seemed like a fair booking fee to Humble Bundle themselves.

Paid a little more then needed just to try to pay each a little extra as it was such a good deal.

I'd recommend C.O.W.L as I've been really enjoying that.

Fungus

Grrrr. This is evil! Someday soon all comics will be digital and this kind of deal will be the cause!

I jest. Read a few free digital comics (Fatale #1 springs to mind) and although I prefer paper... it's much the same experience. Hm. It's so conflicting.

The Adventurer

The Divine + The Wicked was a pretty interesting read. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with it in singles though. Shades of Zenith.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Fungus

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 January, 2015, 02:07:29 AM
The Divine + The Wicked was a pretty interesting read. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with it in singles though. Shades of Zenith.
Ditto on the interesting, looked good but gave up after issue 3 or 4. An odd comic. Hyped.

Colin YNWA

That's whats great about this Bundle there's a number of comics I've thought hmmm maybe but have gone for in there. With have 5 to 6 issues to try I can give a load a good go and see which I might follow up on at very low risk...

... which of course is what Image are hoping so we all win.

I, Cosh

Just got copy of Kingdom of the Wicked for around 77p. Have never read this as I was always holding off for the deluxe collection I vaguely remember being mentioned years ago.
We never really die.

CrazyFoxMachine

Just got the first volume of Saga for £2 from Oxfam!

Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about -

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Fungus on 10 January, 2015, 01:31:59 AM
Grrrr. This is evil! Someday soon all comics will be digital and this kind of deal will be the cause!

I jest. Read a few free digital comics (Fatale #1 springs to mind) and although I prefer paper... it's much the same experience. Hm. It's so conflicting.
According to Image, the last bundle resulted in an uptick in print sales.

Timothy

What a great bundle! That's me sorted for a good while.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Mattofthespurs

Colin YNWA

Funnily enough picked up the Compendium as part of the Humble Bundle offer for which I paid $20 all in. I wonder if I'll enjoy it but really looking for to giving Walkign Dead a concerted go after not really liking the bits I've read.