Main Menu

SPAM on this site

Started by LARF, 09 January, 2009, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Yeah I noticed how much tidying was going on by someone. So take a bow that mysterious masked fighter of spam.

Mind that said there's a couple of threads I've started that only spam has replied to. I was becoming quite attached to it!

Wils

I hoping something can be done about this twat that's currently spamming the boad before they flood it completely.  :x

Kev Levell

I went to that site to see if a suitably offensive reply could be made - it was pointless though as it looks like a really shite foreign outfit who wouldn't understand any well structured request for them to get lost.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Buddy

Roger Godpleton

I think we need to do a head count for survivors.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

WoD

I'm sick of this.  Clearly it must payback somehow but to me it is just off-putting and has the opposite effect.

Can't we close the site for a week or something to newbies - or get them so they have to be approved.  I'm sure we have enough 'old hats' here who could share the responsibility of 'vetting' if needed.

SamuelAWilkinson

Christ, I'm scared! The spammers are getting close to scoring an old-school full board!
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Tweak72

Quote from: "Tweak72"wouldnt it be awful if say, a scum sucking spamming website selling phones that had lots of emails via thier contact page from people like, oh I dont know Johnny Alpha or Rogue Trooper telling them about 2000ad being a Sci Fi comic started in 1977 or that is can be bought at a local shop? that would be awful.

:twisted:

Just repeating for every ones attention.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Buttonman

Yes, but the latest one is called Karen - dare we scare off a chick even if she wants our money not our bodies?

It is annoying but a spam revenge plot could only end messily especially if they take it out on my meagre web-fu skills. Let's just resolve not to buy any of their products, not that I know what they are anyway.

Roger Godpleton

Peterwolf was the Judda invasion.
Dickgate/Thin Ice was Necropolis.
Karen is Judgement Day.
What will be our Inferno?

James Stacey

I used this php mod on a phpbb forum I run http://bbantispam.com/ its free to use but 30 dolla to register so you can restyle it more sympathetically with the forum. You just set an array of questions that are easy to answer and spam bots get confused and knob off. It certainly killed bots dead on our forum. Hell this sounds like a sales thread... gEt youRe chEep shRainers Here..!!!11!1
(why do all spammers write like PJ Maybe? was he onto something?)

IndigoPrime

On the subject of spam, would people kindly stop replying to it and also stop this newfound "hey, let's create an 'amusing' fake spam thread" thing that appears to have taken hold? Ta.

Roger Godpleton

Would it be possible for the foe list to completely remove all traces of the foe, so that no posts or even threads started by the foe show up in any way, shape or form?

satchmo

I agree,please bring back the killfile.