Main Menu

More of Extinct and NO sign of Nemesis two

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 22 March, 2007, 01:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Noticeing that the second Strontium Dog is now on the horizon, I though it was strnage that there is no sign of another Nemsis book yet.

Though it was the first of the two to arrive.

I was also wondering is there will be any more of Extinct. As it does appear to have more to it.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/xtnct.php" target="_blank">Looking through the online shop......

http://www.2000adonline.com/books/assets/covers/nemesis_the_warlock_complete_1.gif">

Leigh S

If theres more Xtinct, its yet to be written or drawn - the Xtinct book collects the only story to see print so far, and seemed pretty much self contained to me, to be honest.

IndigoPrime

At least one more Nemesis volume is due before the end of 2007, according to Jon. Remember that at present, the "official" line-up on the site only details what's coming out over the next three or four months. Stuff after that point is subject to change.

ThryllSeekyr

Not that I am complaining as I do have enough on my plate.

Jonathan O

XTNCT is a stand alone GN. No more to come I'm afraid.
As for Nemesis, book 2 is out in August and book 3 is out in December.

hippynumber1

Do we know if they're going to include the colour strips yet?

petemaskreplica

Never mind that, are they going to include the photostrips?

IndigoPrime

The strip I was most concerned about being included was the Candida one from one of the winter specials (about her escape from her madness), and Jon indicated that it would probably be included. No idea about the other stuff. My main hope, however, is that any extras are included *in sequence* and not just bunged at the end of the book. This didn't matter so much with the first volume (although the extras slot in better after book 1), but the more continuity-heavy later extras will look odd when placed after the main books in the collection.

Oddboy

I'd agree with IndigoPrime there - the extras at the end of the Stronty book are better placed at the back, being clearly not written by Wagner and/or Grant (one of them even spells Johnny wrong: "Johnnie") - but stories that are by the main creators of the series (such as Mills' Nemesis ones) should be placed amongst the main block of stories in sequence.  Certainly the "Torquemada the God" series needs to be included!
Better set your phaser to stun.

hippynumber1

Christ, I hope not - especially not the turgid, amateurish adverts for the titan volumes "as stocked in Forbidden Planet"

ThryllSeekyr

Indigoe Prime, That Winter Speical you happened to mention. It's also the one and the same Winter Speical I had purchased in the early ninties. The only winter speical I had ever brought and the only current prog I had brought in the Nineties.

I think it had a Bisley Slaine Poster in it.

Anyway, It's also gone missing from my collection. Stolen or thrown out. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

From what I recall the Nemesis story within had  the dark god himself talking the human form of a bard that lured Candida away from the asylym where Torquemada kept her. What I had found most memorable about this was that one of Torqemada's other Mistress's who's head exploded. I don't remember why exactly except there were these famous last words 'Give it plenty of tongue'.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=winter92" target="_blank">Bride of the Warlock

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/hires/winter92.jpg">

IndigoPrime

That's the one, and for me this was probably the best 2000 AD special I ever saw. As for the 'Give it plenty of tongue', that was down to Torquemada placing bombs in his wives' heads, in case they were unfaithful. With Candida cured, he ordered his new wife (Sister Stern?) to be 'unfaithful' with an underling, and as said underling noted: "Grant me a boonâ??as this is the first and last time I shall ever kiss, give it plenty of tongue". (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.)