Main Menu

The 2000 AD Messageboard Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread 2019!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2019, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2019, 08:27:04 PM
Missed Franks art, maybe not a bad thing! Where is he by the way.

According to Facebook groups he's been banned - which has lead to a typical cascade of the forum is crap stuff. Personally don't think it was close to warrenting a ban but if you want to judge for yourself its over at the 2000ad Megaverse Facebook page in all its glory.

Funt Solo

It was an odd choice of festive image - the cock was a bit gratuitous. What I was confused by was the intent and the context - I gather from other posts that one of the people represented is another boarder - but why's he naked and dancing around a dead Tharg (if, indeed, that's who that's supposed to be on the ground - and if they're dead at all, as opposed to asleep and farting).  Like I said further up: mostly the image confused me.

I would've thought a cock-warning would be sufficient, but then it's not my message-board and I haven't read the rules of engagement.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Hmmm. He may have been given a week'a holiday from the board. Happened me before (I definitely deserved it).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DrJomster

Playing catch up, loved that snow angel!

Now, where's that picture I can no longer see...
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Rogue Judge

Merry Christmas gents, looking great so far!

Pete – Button Man! Haha this is awesome...the jokes just didn't stop, it got funnier as it went. Great effort, I appreciate the good laugh.

Steve – Nice graphics, looks professional!

Ming – Great use of your Lego characters, I was scrolling down to see the image and was genuinely surprised to see the squished Blackblood, great stuff!

Eamonn – As always, I enjoy your podcast...playing catchup on the last few episodes right now. I also listened to Judgement Day yesterday and Meltdown Man today. I appreciate your continued effort, great podcast.

Monarch – nice intro to 2000AD video

Colin – Nice poem, proper homage to Pete!

Frank – I saw...THAT...before it disappeared...didn't get it though

Abelardsnazz – Proper creepy Christmas horror, nicely done!

abelardsnazz

Thanks for the kind words, a tip of the hat is due to Kek-W and Dave Kendall, whose magnificent work was a definite inspiration.

Some great stuff so far, and we're only a week in. Grud bless us every one.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 December, 2019, 10:36:44 PM

According to Facebook groups he's been banned - which has lead to a typical cascade of the forum is crap stuff. Personally don't think it was close to warrenting a ban but if you want to judge for yourself its over at the 2000ad Megaverse Facebook page in all its glory.

Intrigued (and, with hindsight, stupidly), I went to that Facebook page and read the artist's interpretation of their own work: which was that Tharg's been murdered and then sodomized. From the responses, it seems like a bunch of middle-aged guys obsessively talking about their willies and laughing about anal rape. Sad. Makes me want to retreat from the Internet. And never go to a fan convention.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andy Lambert

Personally, I'd prefer it if we moved on from discussing that picture. It's gone now, and there are plenty other "actual" festive treats to enjoy.
Lovely contributions from all - thank you! Very much looking forward to seeing what else is on our way! 🎅

TordelBack

Naturally left in the shadows by the usual incredible festive work by Pete, Ming, Eamonn, Colin etc, but I thought Frank's ooo-errr-missus entry was superb, hilarious and wildly inappropriate for the calendar. Tharg's minions were right to remove it, but probably wrong to ban the man (unless there's BTS aggro I don't know anything about - I can't be arsed doing my research).

I know Frank is an unrepentant shit-stirrer, and many have good reason to object to his antics, but I think he brings a hell of a lot to this forum and has always been a good virtuafriend to me. Corporate platform or not we can't go on forever excluding anyone that pushes it too far. Especially at Christmas!

As to everyone else, you mad geniuses you! I single out Eamonn in particular: you utter dastard, you made me cry in front of my children. If there were more people like you in this world, what a place it would be.

CrazyFoxMachine

Incredible transformation from sketch-to-painted final there Darren. Someone needs to make like, a slow morphing GIF out of that. Someone that can do that...

Go on!

That's got me pondering doing my own entry for the 24th love-in (maybe I'll rephrase that) - anyone fancy collaborating? Itching to colour summat.

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, tis amazing work alright Darren.  You've really nailed the McNeil Mechanismo look.  And yeah, Eamonn''s podcast is moving and brilliant. Now I really need to stop procrastinating and enter the raffle!

And I agree with pretty much everything Tordelback says about Frank too, particularly the bit about being a good virtuafriend.

EDIT: I've just noticed Ming's second pic with the flattened Blackblood! Brilliant
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Right, raffle now entered. Clarky, you're a credit to the board.  And it's nice to finally see what you look like! ... My old maths teacher with a touch of Eric Morcambe  ;)

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 December, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
Right, raffle now entered. Clarky, you're a credit to the board.  And it's nice to finally see what you look like! ... My old maths teacher with a touch of Eric Morcambe  ;)
Well I never.
I'll be in my form room after school and I expect you to bring me sunshine and a pictorial proof of Pythagoras' theorem. 😉

The Monarch

my intro to 2000ad video was my nod and wink to spacespinner 2000ad from two years ago i only put it up to fill in a missing day. if you want to know what i am subjecting my friend kazan to this year look forward to the 22nd