Main Menu

Will Simpson

Started by malkymac, 26 December, 2013, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkymac

Just found out that he is story board artist on Game Of Thrones.Well in big man!

I loved his artwork on Dredd and Rogue Trooper War Machine (especially) in the late 80s. I remember those strips as ones that seemed to symbolise a transition period for 2000ad when it seemed to me that the comic was going with darker or more 'mature' story lines to reflect the mood of the older reader.

Richmond Clements

There was a fantastic exhibition of his work in the series in W5 a while back.

CrazyFoxMachine

Colin YNWA

Well I didn't know that. Well done that man... I assume, never watched it so know it only by reputation but seems a good show to be on!

Skullmo

If you were Meg readers you would know all about his Game of Thrones work as he recently had a great interview there. Just one more reason to subscribe! Tread yourself to a combine subscription in 2014.
It's a joke. I was joking.

malkymac

Quote from: Skullmo on 26 December, 2013, 10:12:48 PM
If you were Meg readers you would know all about his Game of Thrones work as he recently had a great interview there. Just one more reason to subscribe! Tread yourself to a combine subscription in 2014.

Not been home since August so I have a big pile of progs and megs waiting for me devour.

TordelBack

Simpson is one of my all-time favourite 2000AD artists, and often seems very underrated.  On Dredd I love his work on Crazy Barry and Little Mo, The Shooting Match and of course Letter to JD and Tale of the Dead Man, and some of his imagery on The War Machine holds up with the best of classic Rogue: he's one of the few tooth artists whose colour work I prefer to his B&W.  That said, his concept stuff is extraordinary.

malkymac

I thnk Crazy Barry and Little Mo might have been Chris Weston - but point taken.

Skullmo

Quote from: malkymac on 27 December, 2013, 03:06:15 PM
I thnk Crazy Barry and Little Mo might have been Chris Weston - but point taken.

The story continued in Banana City - which was by Will
It's a joke. I was joking.

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, I love Will Simpson, particularly when he's colouring his own stuff.  He always brought a great atmosphere of neon-lit sleaze to Mega City 1, and he seems to have got even better with this GoT stuff.  Wasn't quite so impressed when his Dredd art was coloured by someone else, but I'd like to see him back in the Prog.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 December, 2013, 03:14:51 PM
Quote from: malkymac on 27 December, 2013, 03:06:15 PM

The story continued in Banana City - which was by Will

Ooops, yeah, thanks, that was the one I meant!  Always get the title mixed up.

Richard S.

An update to my post all about Will Simpson's work on the comic based on the Alton Towers ride, 'Nemesis'

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/updated-nemesis-ride-comic.html
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

JayzusB.Christ

Looks lovely - Simpson at his best there. (I count three unrelated British comic strips called Nemesis now - someone needs to write a tie-in to the 48k Spectrum game now to make four.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"