Main Menu

Continuum: skip to the end

Started by Durendal, 27 August, 2012, 02:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durendal

It's the year twenty-seventy-frippty-frop, the future is governed by bladerunner and george orwell and people's pants change colour but they don't have jet packs  :o
Future terrist freedom fighters asplode a billion and 12 people but escape to 2012 because it's in the script. Hot on their heels is generic top family cop gal who has both a magic suit and a magic gun. It's like terminator except with less (0) robots.

I watched this and spent 9 episodes with this face  :| and then the last episode gave me this face  :o :P >:( :o :crazy: :thumbsup:  :o

coming to syfy next month and renewed for a 2nd series

Professor Bear

My dad likes this, and he's usually a good barometer of sci-fi fandom.
Seen it all before, mind - it's basically Time Trax, but with obligatory "WANK WANK there is more to this story than there appears WANK WANK" that every sci-fi show must now have by law regardless of whether it adds anything to the show or actually distracts from the central premise or dilutes the focus of the main plot.
Just once, I would really like a sci-fi show to have a main villain who goes "I'm making this up as I go", if only for the novelty value.  Villains who have some longform plan are pretty much just the Riddler from the Batman 66 - move on, already!

But yeah, harmless sci-fi hokum.

Goosegash

Hmm. I watched the pilot on someone else's recommendation and thought it was pretty weak, with a somewhat dubious premise. Although I've dipped in and out since, I certainly wasn't prepared to watch another nine episodes to see if it improved. It seems like middling genre fair at best, the kind of series that just chugs along without ever getting anywhere near being exceptional.

Seeing actors like Nicholas Lea and William B Davis in the cast just reminds me of what a great, stylish show the X-Files was in it's prime, and how this looks a bit amateurish by comparison. I just feel like there's not enough hours in the day to spend watching something like Continuum, when there is so much better TV drama out there, old and new.

Mudcrab

So, anyone been watching this or did the thread put you off? I'm loving it. It's not brilliant, but it's good. Enjoying it way more than The River, which is just yet more annoying POV faux-documentary shite.

"How could taking my old teddy bear from a creepy doll shrine in the middle of the jungle cause any harm?"

"Oh, did you forget that you'd trapped an angry spirit thing that killed one of your crew in a weird wooden thing last week? Really?"

Anyway, that was a tangent. I'm enjoying Continuum. It's kind of like The Event (standards-wise), but better, in much the same way that The Event was better than Flash Forward. And the protagonist's hot as hell I have to say. This of course helps tremendously.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!