Main Menu

The 'THANK YOU' thread...

Started by Dog Deever, 14 July, 2007, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

rather than necropost in the comps thread, I thought I could start a new thread for folks to use in thanking other boarders for whatever they need to thank them for.

Anyway, my horror grab bag for the caption comp arrived today, so a big THANK YOU to Lord Byron for the goodies- top stuff (including a comic with a Bryan Talbot cover and some Ade Bamforth artwork inside). Must have cost you an arm and a leg all in with the postage-

The rewards for your generosity shall be in whatever afterlife you believe in (i'll gie ye a scone when I bake!). Nice one.
;)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Buttonman

In the current 'best of' spirit I think it'd be fun for boarder to suggest their favourite artists for a 'iPod best of'. I hit the gym twice a week and an hour of greatest hits of a new artist is a great thing.

To kick off I'd nominate Warren Zevon who sadly died of cancer some time ago. He did the greatest  and wittiest rock you'll ever hear, and if you've only ever heard 'Werewolves of London' I'd heartily recommend that you give the following top ten a look. Any other under appreciated talents out there?

1)  Things to do in Denver When You're Dead
2)  Excitable Boy
3)  Johnny Strikes Up The Band
4)  Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
5)  Boom Boom Mancini
6)  I'll Sleep when I'm Dead
7)  Mr Bad Example
8)  Lawyers Guns and Money
9)  Poor Poor Pitiful Me
10) Werewolves of London

House of Usher

Thank you Dog Deever for replying to my email and giving me the inside info about that career option that was presented to me at my interview for the training course I'm taking up in September.
STRIKE !!!

SamuelAWilkinson

I'd just like to thank you for the music. For giving it to me, if we're going to be precise.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Peter Wolf

Thank you all you nice people here.I dont need to say why !   Drinks are in order for certain boarders here or everyone if i could afford it.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

critter

Thanks to Logan and Simon Fraser. Logan's Class of '79 was inspiration for Mega City Tours. Then chats I had with Simon got me to buy my first issue 2000 AD.

Oh and to all the Droids who have provided Thrill Power and the people on the board.

critter

johnnystress

to whoever it was that found this gemhttp://img479.imageshack.us/img479/9595/goldengirlstatmr2.jpg">

Wils

If only that Quo tatt could be found again.

Roger Godpleton

Thank you all for preventing misery on a daily basis.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Floyd-the-k

thank you to Jared for his Ultimate Links Thread

Thank you almost everyone for hours of fun time wasting and conversation.

Thank you PVS for the complimentary copies of Omnivistascope and FQ, which I'm just starting now

Thanks Critter for the heroclix rules and board

yours gratefully,

Floyd

Queen Firey-Bou

i was just tidying up & syncronising computers this week, wading thru old emails & e-addresses & blimey, there sure has been a lot of boarders worthy of THANKYOUS..

so to the many many in that category, THANKYOU.

satchmo

I'd also like to thank Sir Byron Virgo for the horror comics from the competition, mine arrived this morning. As low rent film quote guru Paul Ross described Blade 3- They're fang-tastic!

johnnystress

what satchmo said

thank you very much Byron

this must've cost you a fortune!

If I can ever return the favour....

Peter Wolf

Thank you Art.    and thank you again and again.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

mogzilla

thankyou peter-wolf for being there for a newbie and guiding him through the murky world of community forum,thankyou art for the spelling correction on the first post i did,it was also my first ever reply! and just a big thankyou to any one who has replied to any of my debates etc(ok some didnt get any/many and for good reason)but the ones that did taaaaa!  GROUP HUG!!!!!! :)