Main Menu

Comics you are excited about in 2016

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 29 June, 2016, 07:56:11 PM
Jay Faerber has confirmed more Copperhead us heading our way soon, with a new artist on board...

https://twitter.com/jayfaerber/status/745970958138281986

He's always said its was on it way back so wasn't too worried, just had to be patient. That said its a real shame about the art change. Drew Moss looks okay, not too back but he's no Scott Godlewski. Wonder what he's moving onto? Real shame this book isn't doing better, its quite superb.

Looking forward to getting more whatever. Hopefully not too much longer to wait?

Hawkmumbler

Yes, more Copperhead is indeed a fine thing. I personally think the art looks great!

Another reprint i'm looking forward to is THE COMPLETE WORKS OF FLETCHER HANKS. One of the golden age geniuses, and despite hus stuff being available online for free I find myself compelled to buy a remastered copy...

Hawkmumbler

Ok Ok this is going to be something released cliser to 2018 than now but...JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE PART 4 CRAZY DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE will be released in English.

Actually, didn't they announce this before? Ah well, who cares, it's more Araki in English!

Colin YNWA

BOOO! We need a new thread for 2017 cos Bacchus Volume 2 has been moved back to January.

FOR SHAME!

Colin YNWA

So in an apparent attempt to redress the balance of this mornings good news Amazon sent me a message that the next Corto Maltese will be coming early. Happily I opened the e-mail wondering when I'd be getting this lovely (I assume) book, after all Bacchus Vol. 2 fell back about 4 months - so imagine my disappointment when Corto was driven forward... 2 days from September 15th to 13th...

... oh Amazon your attempt to win back my happiness has only lead to disappointment...

DAMN YOU!

Hawkmumbler

Hah! Ditto, it's quite disappointing!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 05 March, 2016, 07:00:52 PM
Dark Horse are going to release a collection of Italian book Ranxerox this year. I always hear about great this is but it does sound a bit dodgy in some ways...
According to Amazon now delayed...until November 2035.

This looks to have been cancelled...maybe...

Colin YNWA

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 13 , now just read that again MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR fuckin' 13. 13 man, 13!!!!

Now don't get me wrong I know its inappropriate to have an issue 13 in this list BUT COME ON who the hell ever EVER thought that this would get past issue 6. BUT I was delighted it got a second arc and did not FOR A SECOND believe it would get beyond that. I mean its sales tanked. Not only at leaves that Marvel would normally cancel a book BUT at levels below DCs threshold. Yet there it is with issue 13.

Marvel - for once - be very, very proud of yourselves. This superb books continues.

Apestrife

Just need to get this off my chest. Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang's Wonder Woman will get a two absolute book threatment. First to be released in February next year.

One Word: "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 11 May, 2016, 11:05:07 AM
Kenta Shinohara returns to the Jump with his new Arias Lost In Space series. Getting Eureka-7 vibes from this, and looks like it could be interesting.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-08/sket-dance-kenta-shinohara-launches-astra-lost-in-space-manga/.101742
And now it's been confirmed Viz will be publishing it free! Worth a (free) punt!

Fungus

Hadrian's Wall, an Image series landing in September.
I lurved the creative team's C.O.W.L. and this hugely delayed book could be even better...?

Tombo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 June, 2016, 09:51:40 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 29 June, 2016, 07:56:11 PM
Jay Faerber has confirmed more Copperhead us heading our way soon, with a new artist on board...

https://twitter.com/jayfaerber/status/745970958138281986

He's always said its was on it way back so wasn't too worried, just had to be patient. That said its a real shame about the art change. Drew Moss looks okay, not too back but he's no Scott Godlewski. Wonder what he's moving onto? Real shame this book isn't doing better, its quite superb.

Looking forward to getting more whatever. Hopefully not too much longer to wait?

Scott Godlewski has just finished off the rather excellent Dark & Bloody for Vertigo and he's now starting on a comic book sequel to the Lost Boys again from Vertigo and out in October

Hawkmumbler

Well THIS I wasn't expecting! An absolute personal favorite and one of the shojo manga series to ever see print, Revolutionary Girl Utena by Chiho Saito, is getting the HC omnibus treatment next year! All 5 volumes plus the 'alternative side' story that'll make up the 6th volume. Saito is one of those really...actually quite marmite artists but for my money she's an absolute class act, and a true inspiration for many artists on the western indie scene right now.

Dash Decent

My copy of Mezolith volume 2 has dispatched!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Wow, 6 years waiting for Mezolith volume 2 and I read it in half a day.

Excellent stuff.  How long do I have to wait for volume 3?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.