Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryUK

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 14 February, 2018, 05:05:41 PM
It's good of them to do this for all customers and not just subscribers.

Well done Hachette!

Same thing happened to one of their Transformers books and they reprinted it at no cost to the customers, so yeah thumbs up to Hatchette!

IndigoPrime

They do seem to have some serious printing issues though. I just read through Armitage: City Of The Dead, and the print in my copy shifts from deep blacks on one spread to a much lighter on the next alarmingly often. Not sure whether to ask for another copy. (Anyone else had this with that book?)

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 February, 2018, 05:17:23 PM
Also, what a bargain for the cherry pickers.
Just picked it up myself, but typical I bought Nemesis book one and two only last week ! Will pass the dud one on to the grandson..

Link Prime

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 14 February, 2018, 10:12:50 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 February, 2018, 05:17:23 PM
Also, what a bargain for the cherry pickers.
Just picked it up myself, but typical I bought Nemesis book one and two only last week ! Will pass the dud one on to the grandson..

Must have missed it, what was wrong with the original one again?

Yours
Weasel McCherrypicker

Link Prime

Apologies for the double post- just copped it was due to the spine image.

abelardsnazz

I now have an imperfectly spined copy of volume 20, Nemesis volume 2. Would anyone like it? I'm in Sheffield.

aceface11

My Ro-Busters book is patchy - I thought it was my eyes on first glance but some parts definitely appear washed out/faint.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 February, 2018, 07:31:11 PM
They do seem to have some serious printing issues though. I just read through Armitage: City Of The Dead, and the print in my copy shifts from deep blacks on one spread to a much lighter on the next alarmingly often. Not sure whether to ask for another copy. (Anyone else had this with that book?)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 16 February, 2018, 12:48:51 AM
I now have an imperfectly spined copy of volume 20, Nemesis volume 2.

I think everyone does...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Arkady

Quote from: aceface11 on 16 February, 2018, 10:48:40 AM
My Ro-Busters book is patchy - I thought it was my eyes on first glance but some parts definitely appear washed out/faint.

My ABC Warriors Vol.1 is the first one that has this faint/patchy printing on a few pages. Some of the colour pages look somewhat blurry too. Nothing to problematic though.

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 16 February, 2018, 11:29:34 AM
Quote from: aceface11 on 16 February, 2018, 10:48:40 AM

My ABC Warriors Vol.1 is the first one that has this faint/patchy printing on a few pages. Some of the colour pages look somewhat blurry too. Nothing to problematic though.

It's the same in MEK Files vol1. I guess that's the best the archivists could do.

IndigoPrime

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about some of the details in the art being gone – I'm talking about one page being black and the next being something more like 70% grey. Perhaps it's "hey, I'd like a replacement" time. Which I'm sure they'll love, given how many I've had so far. I'm surprised I'm not blacklisted.

sintec

ABC Warriors is definitely a book of 2 halves, the chronological gap between The Meknificent Seven and The Black Hole is really apparent.  Enjoyed both for different reasons but The Black Hole is where it really kicked off for me.  The art is stunning and the story is less "childish", for want of a better word.  Can't wait for the next volume and the conclusion of that arc.

Is it just me or does the Meknificent Seven epilogue come out of nowhere?
Feels like it's trying to crowbar the story into continuity with some earlier stuff (presumably Ro-Busters).  Normally epilogues are there to tie up some loose ends and that one felt like it left more questions than it answered.  Not really a major complaint it was just a somewhat confusing (and from my perspective completley unnecessary) ending to the story.

Just started Rogue Trooper and I'm enjoying it more than expected, I think Dave Gibbon's art is a large part of that.

glassstanley

The Mek-Nificent Seven Prologue & Epilogue were created especially for the first Titan reprints. This was some years after the story was first printed, but before The Black Hole started.

I would hazard a guess that it was also Titan's way of ensuring some sort of financial recompense for the series' creators.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 18 February, 2018, 11:56:03 AM
Is it just me or does the Meknificent Seven epilogue come out of nowhere?
Feels like it's trying to crowbar the story into continuity with some earlier stuff (presumably Ro-Busters).  Normally epilogues are there to tie up some loose ends and that one felt like it left more questions than it answered.  Not really a major complaint it was just a somewhat confusing (and from my perspective completley unnecessary) ending...

Yeah, the prologue/epilogue are based entirely on the asdumption that you've first encountered these characters in Ro-Busters. If you haven't read Ro-Busters then the prologue/epilogue, rather than giving context, make things utterly nonsensical and it would be better not to include them. Bit odd that Ro-Busters isn't in the Ultimate collection, given that.
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

Do we think that there will be much difference between these ABCs and the Mek Files? If the content is the same (roughly two 'books' per volume) and we cover the lot then I'm in for the cheaper Ultimate editions.