Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Modern Panther on 18 December, 2015, 05:04:55 PM
People are bastards.

Which is my motto.
Steal the dogs and burn the kennels to the ground.
That's my advice.
(You may wish to employ a lawyer first).

Woolly

Quote from: Modern Panther on 18 December, 2015, 05:04:55 PM
Mrs Panther drove four hours to pick up a new puppy today.

We were assured that this was the last of the litter.  We were told that both parents were former therapy dogs, used to working with kids and in excellent health, and that the whole family loved being around humans.

Got there to find it was a puppy farm, with scared dogs living in joyless kennels.

Thats awful.

I'd contact the RSPCA and inform them about this. Hopefully they'll take an inspection of the place.

My parents used to breed and show Boxers and Shelties (in a loving environment of course!), and some of the horror stories they've heard about other breeders would make you weep.

QuotePeople are bastards.

Yes. Some of them really are  :(

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Modern Panther

Yeah, they're being told.  Mrs Panther works as a dog trainer and she's not averse to loudly telling people off when they mistreat animals.

In the last month we've dealt with some seriously dodgy characters, including someone who gave a fake address and could only supply a single photo of the dog.

Minkyboy

Boiler has given up the ghost, and indeed it's contents through the floor.
That'll be no hot water or heating (not that we need it) for a few days then.

Timing!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

The Legendary Shark

Damn right, Panth. Get the drokkers shut down. Local media, interweb, police - whatever it takes.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: Minkyboy on 18 December, 2015, 07:15:57 PM
Boiler has given up the ghost, and indeed it's contents through the floor.
That'll be no hot water or heating (not that we need it) for a few days then.

Timing!
This happened to us last year.  The main reason I wish someone would sell plastic comic boxes (and when I asked on another thread the only answer was to get more bloody cardboard boxes).

Something Fishy

Tharg has been hit by the thrill suckers.

I ordered the xmas prog from the shop on the 10th only to find now they're so busy they have no idea when they will be able to send it.

No thrill power this Christmas then  :(

In seriousness that's slow and a bit poor in today's world for something you have in stock.  Good that they're busy of course.

The Legendary Shark

I've had about three days' work in the last three weeks, so I'm skint. Boss rang me up this morning with a "rush job" to Falkirk. Hallelujah! Got half way to work on my bike, struggling against sideways rain, when my 'phone rings again. Job cancelled, sorry. So I biked it back.
Just got dry and he rings again - another rush-job, this time to Barnsley. Got half-way back to work, still raining sideways, job cancelled again.
This must be God's way of keeping me fit and lean. Or something.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

That is a disgrace Shark. I'm livid reading this. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

von Boom

Unbelievable sharky. God will have His little jokes though. Chin up and all that.

Dandontdare

Quote from: von Boom on 21 December, 2015, 02:06:10 PM
Unbelievable sharky. God will have His little jokes though. Chin up and all that.

Sharky's doing deliveries for GOD now? Wow, never knew He was such a crappy employer!

Sounds miserable Shark, Chin up mate!

Something Fishy

That is absolute rubbishy sharky.

On mine.. Tharg has seen off the thrill suckers and it will be on the way.

They responded to me quickly via Twitter  :)

Bolt-01

Praise Tharg. Though his pranks at weather control are rather tasteless...

Something Fishy