Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I, Cosh

Quote from: bikini kill on 18 July, 2012, 10:01:59 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 18 July, 2012, 09:38:12 PM
The Art of Rap is showing at Cineworld tomorrow night but it appears to be a one-off and stupidly expensive (£13.50) into the bargain.
Given the price, maybe it's in 3D, Cosh. Living as I do in a cultural desert, I'm going to have to make a day out of a trip to Glasgow or Edinburgh to see it.
No, it's a live beamback of the Hammersmith show you linked to with the Q&A and live performance afterwards. I'm now annoyed at not trying to get a ticket earlier in the week.
We never really die.

paddykafka

Just when I've been waiting ages for a great gig to come along, two arrive in the same week! The Fall are playing tonight, and then the very lovely and very special Lisa Hannigan is performing on Saturday. Talk about a dilemma. Ah, sod it! I'll just go to both gigs then live on sardines and toast 'till next week.

GordyM

Every Soulfly and Sepultura album mixed into one mighty playlist of tribal metal goodness.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Frank

Quote from: GordyM on 19 July, 2012, 08:45:16 PM
Every Soulfly and Sepultura album mixed into one mighty playlist of tribal metal goodness.

I'd enjoy Sepultura more without the vocals; a problem with most metal, and one that RATM and Limp Bizkit partially addressed by employing some annoying twat to occassionally repeat a sweary chant then shut the fuck up and let the riffs take over for the rest of the song. Fred Durst looked and sounded every bit as ridiculous as GWAR!, though

Chemical Brothers have made an official song for the Olympics that's equal parts Thriller and Tangerine Dream, except it's good. This and Survival (by Muse) are part of six songs commissioned for the Olympics, which are intended to demonstrate to the world what groovy fuckers we all are. I can imagine both working quite well as beds for the build up to events and highlights packages, so you'll be sick of the sound of them soon enough:

VELODROME         SURVIVAL

johnnystress

These guys are new to me

Really like this, 60s, garage/psych feel to it
The Black Angels - Bad Vibrations

http://youtu.be/3jV6TnBC2nk

Karl Stephan

Ministry. I caught the London leg of their 'Relapse' tour Friday past. Still sore (from the crowdsurfers) and deaf, but it was fantastic. And consequently this whole week will be Al Jourgenson projects week.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 24 July, 2012, 11:21:14 AM
Ministry. I caught the London leg of their 'Relapse' tour Friday past. Still sore (from the crowdsurfers) and deaf, but it was fantastic. And consequently this whole week will be Al Jourgenson projects week.

Nice, I'm jealous. Stick some Lard on for me!  :D

That's gonna sound um, weird to everyone else  :lol:
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mikey

Nothing like The Power Of Lard, my man.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mudcrab

I remember being very excited when they turned up in the Natural Born Killers soundtrack (the prison riot scene). But then it was done by Trent Reznor, who was obviously a Ministry fan  ;)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Frank

Quote from: Mikey on 24 July, 2012, 01:51:08 PM

I WANNA BE A DRUG SNIFFIN' DOG

I once put that on over the PA at work, and my horrified manager asked "what is that?". I started explaining about Jello Biafra and Al Jourgensen, but he interrupted- looking existentially disturbed and confused- and clarified, "no, what ... is ... that?". He has David Guetta as his ring tone.

Karl Stephan

Make that more than two weeks of Al Jourgensen spilling over into a bunch of other Wax Trax! era artists like Attrition, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult and Front Line Assembly.

Quote from: bikini kill on 24 July, 2012, 06:26:03 PM
Quote from: Mikey on 24 July, 2012, 01:51:08 PM

I once put that on over the PA at work, and my horrified manager asked "what is that?". I started explaining about Jello Biafra and Al Jourgensen, but he interrupted- looking existentially disturbed and confused- and clarified, "no, what ... is ... that?". He has David Guetta as his ring tone.

:D That is the sound of David Guetta in the prison shower!

Frank

Quote from: Sparkonaut on 02 August, 2012, 07:30:57 PM

QuoteI once put that on over the PA at work, and my horrified manager asked "what is that?". I started explaining about Jello Biafra and Al Jourgensen, but he interrupted- looking existentially disturbed and confused- and clarified, "no, what ... is ... that?". He has David Guetta as his ring tone.

:D That is the sound of David Guetta in the prison shower!

Powerful image. My favourite Ministry song:

YOU NEVER STOP TO SMELL THE BURNING FLESH

exilewood

http://www.reverbnation.com/thepistolandthelouisianaqueen

The Pistol & The Queen - tour dates coming in now! Memphis, Tupelo, Pascagoula, Dallas, Mobile & New Orleans!

(Again. Sorry! - pimping!)

judgeblake

listening to 80s style music;

soundtrack from GTA Vice City,
Suicide by Suicide
Drive movie soundtrack
Visions by Grimes