Main Menu

Are there any plans to release another Defoe GN?

Started by marko10174, 30 May, 2017, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko10174

I have recently purchased 166 and Queen of the zombies, but there are two more stories that haven't been published yet, and a new strip currently running. I'm not reading the current story as I haven't read "the damned" or "London hanged" yet.

AlexF

I want a new Defoe GN, too, please!

But I would say that the latest story (Diehards) doesn't really have much connection to what went before, and I don't think it'd ruin your experience if you succumbed to temptation. It's basically 'what if some zombies were harder to kill than others, meanwhile Defoe gets mixed up in the 17th century London comic-book trade because Pat just researched it and it's kinda awesome.' The sequiters are typically non.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: marko10174 on 30 May, 2017, 07:16:42 PM

I have recently purchased 166 and Queen of the zombies, but there are two more stories that haven't been published yet, and a new strip currently running. I'm not reading the current story as I haven't read "the damned" or "London hanged" yet.

The Damned is the end of the first arc of Defoe, tying off all the loose ends and subplots. The London Hanged kicks off a few years later and is fairly standalone - Diehards is sort of a sequel to it.

All in all a bit of a weird way to collect it - the final page of Book 3 is clearly intended as a natural cliffhanger ending to the first graphic novel, except of course it ends up midway through the second. Books 4 and 5 are very much two halves of the same story, but have ended up split across two books. Weird.
@jamesfeistdraws