Main Menu

Just another Maniaa Monday

Started by davidbishop, 07 May, 2008, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

Does anyone recall a race of aliens from an early 2000 A.D. one-off strip, called the Maniaa? They were humanoid, with scaly faces and black hair.

I ask on behalf of a friend who's not sure if he dreamed this story, or whether it actually saw print...

davidbishop

Buttonman

I've got a full run and it doesn't ring a bell so he may have drempt it. That said 1585 Progs plus specials covers a lot of alien races and the memory is fading.

Leigh S

That makes me think of a future shock in the first Sci-fi special i ever got..

Leigh S

The story is in the 1981 Sci-Fi Special - its called Southern Comfort.  By RE Wright (Mills?) and an artist called W Howarth.

Its not listed in the database.

An sick alien infects the Southern town of Sliveys Corner with a disease that makes them go scaley and cannibalistic.

Could be the one, though theres not mention of alien names

wrly_bird

Iâ??ll say that again: DO NOT READ THE â??THAT NICK FURY ENDINGâ?? THREAD!!!
Dear Angry Mob,
   Itâ??s my fault. Hands up. I didnâ??t think to put a spoiler warning on the â??Nick Fury Endingâ?? thread I posted earlier. I should point out, though, that this is not the end of the IRON MAN movie itself â?? but a 30-second easter egg they stuck on after the end credits and which a lot of people missed.
   Anyway, my sincere apologies to Keef Monkey, Swimini Tulkas and to anyone else Iâ??ve inadvertently pissed off.
   Iâ??ve already sent an email to the forum guy asking him to remove the thread.
   Apology acceptedâ?¦?

Leigh S

The story is in the 1981 Sci-Fi Special - its called Southern Comfort.  By RE Wright (Mills?) and an artist called W Howarth.

Its not listed in the database.

An sick alien infects the Southern town of Sliveys Corner with a disease that makes them go scaley and cannibalistic.

Could be the one, though theres no mention of alien names.  

House of Usher

RE Wright - "re-write" ! I get it !!
STRIKE !!!

ThryllSeekyr

Was that a trick question?

Let me guess, they were called Maniaa?

ThryllSeekyr

So, was I correct as I other ise have now idea what the word means?

ThryllSeekyr

So, was I correct as I otherwise have no idea what that word means?

lborl

http://www.hostdump.com/host/out.php/i14578_sc.jpg">

ThryllSeekyr

lborl

If it is that story, and it looks like it is, as the Watcher says the aliens aren't called anything. Therefore you can legitimately make up your own use for the word "Maniaa" if you like (unnecessary grin).

ThryllSeekyr

If that story is a Alan Moore Future Shock?....

I will try and find it.

You know, Maniaa seemed like a logical assumption ( For their name.) with it being the title.

If I could legitimately find a connection between the word 'Maniaa' and what you have described as yet, some unamed aliens.

Then I would say Maniaa would be the word for the alien. It seems like a Noun.