Main Menu

Extreme Edition 14

Started by Bad Andy, 23 January, 2006, 04:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Tribal Memories is one of the best strips to appear in the comic. Ever.

Love it.

Devons Daddy

this sounds good, been so long since i read them.
i enjoy reading such scripts with much more mature eyes.

once again the EE shows its worth a blind faith sub.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dudley

Great choices, definitely buying this.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bad City Blue was a lot better than I remember it. Or maybe I was just in the mood for some old school solliloquies (sp).

Written by Alan Grant, too.

Lock up your spoons!

IndigoPrime

Not a bad selection at all. Despite some of the earlier issues being a bit iffy, EE is really starting to show its worth, and I'm now feeling a bit silly about not adding it to my sub. Maybe I will next time round, especially seeing as none of the newsagents in this area stock it.

Floyd-the-k

almost all finished, bar the last two pages of Tribal Memories.  All great stuff - Silo is good but the ending still confuses me. Bad City Blue is fun and comes across as a poor man's Harry on the High Rock.

Buddy

Didn't like Bad City Blue first time 'round. Didn't like (and never did) like Robin Smiths art.

Still as is.

Dudley

Forgot just how good Tribal Memories was.  Lovely, lovely little one-off.

Now that i've seen the various movies Silo directly lifts plot details from, it doesn't seem half as good as it used to.

LARF

"Now that i've seen the various movies Silo directly lifts plot details from, it doesn't seem half as good as it used to."

Typical Millar?

judge dreddd

Bad Andy

Even with the 'homage' shortcuts I think Silo is still a cracking little claustrophobic read.

Tribal Memories is another excellent one-off.

As for Bad City Blue, very unusual. It was quite a bold move to change the character mid way through, but I really don't think it worked.

Most successful characters of this type start off stupid and then get smart, rather than the other way around. I think he kinda lost a lot of sympathy after becoming stupid.

It's an odd one. You get to the end and go... 'well what was the point of all that?'

Good mix of story though.

I, Cosh

One of the only times I ever wrote to Tharg as a kid was to ask what happened to the last episode of Bad City Blue.

I reread it a year or two later and marvelled at how much of a spazz I had been. Now you can too.
We never really die.

Art

Just picked it up.

Silo usually gets a bit of a slating doesn't it? I actually realy enjoyed it, though it is pretty obvious where the lifts come from. And Edward Bulwer-Lytton is a fascinating nutcase  who was completely underused there.

Still, atmospheric and creepy, and a bit of a change from the 2000ad norm.

And it's great to Tribal Memories again.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril

ukdane

I quite fancy an EE of "The Scrap" and "From Grace".

(can I have that ?20 now Spurrier?)
Cheers

-Daney

DavidXBrunt

I said that months ago and got shouted down. Too soon apparantly.