Main Menu

1924 - New readers Start Here!

Started by Bad City Blue, 27 March, 2015, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Cover - Nice Bolland art, certainly gets the message across to lapsed readers that old faves are inside.

Dredd - A good start, just waiting to see where it goes.

Slaine - Wasn't keem on the last one, can't see much changing

Grey Area - Nice twist! Say no more.

Strontium Dog - Getting back to traditional tales now, with the Stix up to their Trix

Orlok - meh, so old fashioned and just doesn't gel with me
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bolt-01

Bad City Blue

Bolt-01

Sweet- I'm looking forward to the postie tomorrow!

Goaty

So [spoiler]Alpha still dead? [/spoiler]

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Goaty on 27 March, 2015, 04:19:48 PM
So [spoiler]Alpha still dead? [/spoiler]

[spoiler]be a bit shite if he was.[/spoiler]

Rio De Fideldo

Cant see 1924 available in the shop. How did you get a copy?

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Richard T Field on 27 March, 2015, 09:08:38 PM
Cant see 1924 available in the shop. How did you get a copy?

rebellion. i am a journalist.

Zenith 666

What happened to the Jing Jong job.Did Alpha go back for his helmet and if not can I have rebellions one because Steve Green wants to put a faithful adaption on screen.Is the lumpit one back too and most importantly is Precious back.

Leigh S

Yes, I'm confused about the Jing Jong Job/Stix Trix weirdiery - is it one or the other - one review seemd to suggest the former and this suggests the latter (as did last prog)... also - Stix are all dead if we ignore the Strontium DogS continuity where more of them popped into existence - as seen at the end of the Stone Killers... intriguing...?

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 28 March, 2015, 01:54:42 AM
What happened to the Jing Jong job.Did Alpha go back for his helmet and if not can I have rebellions one because Steve Green wants to put a faithful adaption on screen.Is the lumpit one back too and most importantly is Precious back.

glassstanley

[spoiler]It's both. Six & Jong Jing.[/spoiler]

Cracking Prog this week. Thought I was getting bored of Bolland's character-collage covers, but seeing this one in print changed my mind.

Dredd - great starter

Slaine - love it, and the artwork has shifted up a gear now the scene is so dark

Grey Area - Good story. I've always struggled with Mark Harrison's work, but I'm determined to give it a go.

Orlok - Thought there had been a printing error and a page from another episode had appeared, but then I realised what the writer had done. Great set-up.

Strontium Dog - a new approach to Alpha's character - interesting to see how it will develop.

Strong prog for me.

Darren Stephens

Top Bolland cover, that. I really hope these full page series updates aren't a new thing and are just here for the benefit of new readers. Such a waste of space, as we already have the 'in this prog' update in the nerve center.....
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Leigh S

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 28 March, 2015, 01:23:43 PM
Top Bolland cover, that. I really hope these full page series updates aren't a new thing and are just here for the benefit of new readers. Such a waste of space, as we already have the 'in this prog' update in the nerve center.....

Theres an extra 4 pages this week to accommodate them - Just a new reader friendly thing I assume - I'm sure that in the past we have had just 4 stories run in the jumping on prog to allow for these catch up pages, so nothing lost this time!

Still want to know where those Stix come from... I've long harboured a vague suspicion that Stone Killers was a Grant solo written story - not sure this adds much weight to the theory given Wagners own views on what he can and cant remember about the stuff he has written, but hey - love the Stix!

robert_ellis

Great idea to have extra "story so far" pages. Always wished for the little "in this progs" to have more info... Remember the ultimate comics always did this. I don't want pages wasted but I think the lapsed reader should be considered more.

oshii

Ace prog that reminds me why I love 2000AD.

Cover looks great - big, bold close ups of the characters.  The tight cropping makes a static image really ping.  And GLOSSY COVER.  I do love a glossy cover for 2 reasons - 1: it looks brilliant & 2: it means the Prog makes it through my letterbox intact.  The normal thinner covers usually get scrapped & torn.

Dredd and Slaine look lovely.  Again big, bold art which looks fantastic at this size.  Great writing too.  I really like Rob Williams Dredd at the moment - there's a great air of a very violent man, just about managing to hold things together that I'd like to see more of. 

Nice to see Strontium Dog back, but I still think it's lost its mojo a bit since Johnny came back.  Will be delighted if John & Carlos prove me wrong.