Main Menu

1925 - Force Of nature

Started by Bad City Blue, 01 April, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

What poppycock and silliness.

Heaven forbid we should express an opinion about something that differs from others and professionals.I can't imagine our 'learned' friends ever commiting such hearsay.

What poppycock and silliness.

ZenArcade

Quite! I've just had my Butler fish my monacle out of my gin glass! Bad show. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Lady Warp Spasm

Oh that cover...

I've consoled myself with Mr. Mills political / anti-religious talk because Sinead was doing most of that in the first Brutania Chronicles book and she kind of looks like Sinead O'Connor so I'm rolling with it.

Geoff

Just got in from a pub lunch and thought the post droid had failed to deliver my prog today, much to my disappointment - now realised its of course a Friday not a Saturday! Duh...!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: mejustnow on 01 April, 2015, 03:04:09 PM
What does the ogham alphabet (I presume?) spell out on the banner above to 2000ad logo?

I've tried to work it out - starts S B I think, so was expecting the artist's name; after that it devolves into nonsense.

I suspect I'm using the wrong alphabet to translate it against.

When I saw your post the other day. I immediately tried to find the Mike MacMahon's Ogham Alphabete & English translation. The best thing about the Pat Mills version of this alphabet is that it translates every single letter. Unlike some translations I have seen which use one Ogham symbol for a grouping of letters, (Often two or three letters!) or just the same Ogham symbol for a small  number of letters (Which is much the same thing as before, except the former translation would have that those letters are meant to stay together when read or translated!) or some letters like the W were left out completely. This had the effects of me misspelling words when trying to write in Ogham or you can imagine how many times I use the letter W. Anyway, wether Pat Mills is legitimate or not. Doesn't mater, because we all know it's part real and part myth.

Here it is (Via Snag-It!)....

So, according to that, the translation should read as .....

THE GAKAXYS GREATEST COMIC

I double checked and I'm pretty sure either the editor or Pats' original translation isn't right (Not that it matters much now!) with regards to the letters K and L.

why?

Quote from: Bad City Blue
Quote from: Zenith 666 on 01 April, 2015, 03:21:52 PM

Thryllseekyr is going to go into meltdown when he sees that cover.

Soth! It's the spit of Harry Styles!

Is Harry Styles taking over art duties from Simon now?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: James Stacey on 01 April, 2015, 03:13:07 PM
"The Galaxies Greatest Comic" by the look of it

Agreed even if it was ever so slightly miss-scribbled.

Pete Wells

This weeks' Dredd is absolutely astounding. Two droids at the top of their game. The tension between Dredd and Hershey is glorious, I hope we see some fallout here...

ZenArcade

Cool, I hope she tells him to wind his fucking neck in; stop whinging and man up! Z

Ghost MacRoth

Cover:  Nice.  Maybe a tad murky for some folks tastes like the recent Percival one, but I prefer to see it as 'moody'. ;)

Dredd: Excellent stuff so far. Williams seems to waste no time getting on with it, yet maintains an air of tension.  Flint is doing - as always - a cracking job of pacing the events he illustrates.   

Orlock: Ok, making a bit more sense of the previous episode now.  The Ozzy muties....yeah.....harmless country-specific fun, or a wee bit racist?  Guess that'll be for each reader to decide.  Did like the wee sneaky Crocodile Dundee reference right enough.

Slaine:   It's like the script and the art just don't want to be in the same room.  They just don't match up well at all.  Can't recall who mentioned it in last prog review thread, but since it was pointed out just how extended the conversations were during panels showing fast paced combat, I can't not notice it!  I know it's always been a bit like this....but back in the Fabry or Bellardinelli days, they seemed able to break it down into more panels in order to give a bit more room for the dialogue to occur when they weren't flinging themselves at each other with deadly intent.

Grey Area: Ticking along nicely.  Bit of a double take when the alien reffered to Bulliet as Kymn....until I realised it was supposed to be both of them being interviewed simultaneously in similar surroundings.  Not a great deal of difference in the way their faces are drawn. 

Strontium Dog: After a soap opera timescale recovery, seems he's not suicidal anymore, and is happy to get on with it.  Fair enough!   Wee bit more casual racism, but as it's the North Koreans....meh, we can let that slide. ;)

Good prog overall, nothing I didn't like, just a couple I could have liked more.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Tjm86

Quote from: Geoff on 03 April, 2015, 04:48:07 PM
Just got in from a pub lunch and thought the post droid had failed to deliver my prog today, much to my disappointment - now realised its of course a Friday not a Saturday! Duh...!

This months SFX but no tooth again.  Bank holiday weekend, looks like a wait 'til tuesday again!  :(

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 04 April, 2015, 03:37:50 PM
The Ozzy muties....yeah.....harmless country-specific fun, or a wee bit racist?  Guess that'll be for each reader to decide.

...Wee bit more casual racism, but as it's the North Koreans....meh, we can let that slide. ;)

Coming from a zombie Wehrmacht soldier, that's just plain weird.
@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

He plays a good Krasnaya Armiya one as well by all reports. He could reinact the entire Fiends of the Eastern Front all by himself. Z :D

Jacqusie

[/quote]
.  Bank holiday weekend, looks like a wait 'til tuesday again!  :(
[/quote]

Postie came by today & no 2000AD... it's not the first time in 2015.

It sounds quite anal if the prog doesn't land on a Saturday, but it's the only thing that I still look forward to getting in the post like an expecting young lad... hmm better come Tuesday!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 April, 2015, 06:25:33 PM
Coming from a zombie Wehrmacht soldier, that's just plain weird.

You're quite right immoral future robot. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!