Main Menu

Predators

Started by Rex Banner, 25 April, 2009, 07:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

'Robert Rodriguez will reboot the Predator franchise with a new film, Predators, for 20th Century Fox.'

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/robert-rod ... ll-hel.php

Could be interesting, could be another AvP.

Goaty

with Rodriguez, it would be big cool! :)

radiator

Good choice for director - but why the need to reboot? There's no way on earth they could hope to top the original, and they better not change the classic Predator design! Thinking about the directors past form, anyone else think Mickey Rourke might be a good lead for this?

Buddy

Never really liked the first one, thought the second was much better.

Be interesting to see where he goes with this. Like the idea of going to the home world.

Not sure if this is (or needs to be) a reboot, not gonna get Arnie for it whatever they do.

M.I.K.

Sounds more like another sequel than a reboot to me.

Peter Wolf

Whats with calling it a "reboot" ?

Why not call it a rehash ?

PIss off Hollywood idiots.

The comments on the website say it all really.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mardroid

I'm not against another Predator film, as long as it's done well. But I dislike the idea of a reboot. Especially as the readup 'commandos vs aliens' seems the same concept as the first film (except there being just one predator.) Some kind of sequel, set in the future with colonial marines fighting predators could be good though, as long as they bring something original to the concept.

I'd prefer a new Alien film though.  Prefferably that idea of the Alien homeworld that Ridley Scott menioned in one of the documentaries. Prefferably scripted and/or directed by him and/or James Cameron. (Actually I think the latter is more the writer of the two.) But I'd accept any decent director/writer.