Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Awesome. I love McCrea's work on this storyline.

Dr Feeley Good

He also threw in this signed print for free...top droid

Skullmo

Love McCrea's latest work. Hope to seee more of him on Dredd.

Here is another recent one. O'Neill Nemesis:

It's a joke. I was joking.

Rately

Lovely stuff, Skullmo.

And that McCrea page is absolutely gorgeous, Dr Feeley Good.

Not seen John's work in a good while, but the latest Dredd stuff is just something else.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 April, 2017, 09:39:20 PM
Love McCrea's latest work. Hope to seee more of him on Dredd.

Here is another recent one. O'Neill Nemesis:

Well I'm speechless... but not...errr... typeless ... it would seem.

After the stunning quality of those previous two piece you put up you somehow manage to find a way to top yourself.

Quite incredible.

Rogue Judge

Wow Skullmo, those pieces are incredible! King Carlos is on top of his game there - so much detail.

Nice half splash McCrea page too Feeley Good, and that signed print is tops! 

Fungus

Great Googly.

So many years before the search engine.....

Link Prime

Stunning pieces Skullmo, lord knows how much you spent on them.

Geoff

Another outstanding page! Remember that bottom left panel in particular...those walkways just twisting my mind!

Spikes

Certainly some mouth wateringly wonderful pieces landing on here of late.

That McMahon...  :o

Anyroad, Mr Posty delivered this for me today. I do love a bit of Dave Taylor, and I do love this page. Those bottom 2 panels  :)

As my Meg collection is more than a bit patchy, I do not own, nor have even read, this story.

Guessing here; This is from the Big Robots Anderson story, and as some pencils around the edges note that it's from part 3, that would make it from Meg 259??? 
If anyone on here knows the exact issues it is from that would be grand.

Mute77

most recent purchase. Always wanted a Critchlow piece but not sure if its from 2000ad or idw..

Terry Doyle

Hi there

I have this page of original Kev Walker artwork that I think might have been for 2000 AD.

Can anyone help with a series name and publication details, please?

Link Prime

Welcome Terry.

That's a lovely Kev Walker page from Badlands (by Abnett & Walker), Progs 1178 - 1182.

The last time Walker's lush painted artwork graced the Prog, even if it was already several years old by time of publication if I recall.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Mute77 on 08 April, 2017, 02:09:39 PM

most recent purchase. Always wanted a Critchlow piece but not sure if its from 2000ad or idw..

IDW Anderson: Psi Division issue 2, page 12

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 June, 2017, 09:55:47 AM
That's a lovely Kev Walker page from Badlands (by Abnett & Walker), Progs 1178 - 1182.

The last time Walker's lush painted artwork graced the Prog, even if it was already several years old by time of publication if I recall.

The series was originally published in one of Atomeka's Monster Specials and re-published in an expanded form in 2000AD a few years later. IIRC, Kev re-worked a number of pages, and drew several brand new ones. I'm pretty sure this is one of the brand new ones for 2000AD — I was talking to Kev regularly back then, and I remember him saying how challenging it was to try and remember exactly how he painted three years previously.

I know he and Dan had talked about doing more, but for whatever reason that sadly never happened.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.