Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

It's utterly crap the way that genuine originators and creators are financially sidelined by those who adapt and translate their work into other media . I know it's how the comics industry, and many many others, works, but it leaves the foulest taste in the mouth.

There's no denying that James Gunn, Bradley Cooper and an army of designers and animators have had their own creative input into the screen success of Rocket Raccoon, but the rewards seem so much greater than those enjoyed by Bill Mantlo.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 August, 2019, 09:03:54 AM
Following revelations of his not-getting-too-beaten-up clause suggesting a somewhat fragile image, would he wear the chin star, I wonder?

He was in Crank 1 and 2 though! :D

But no you're right, I can't see him donning the hallowed chin star. Now I think about it, I'd bet a tenner the chin star wouldnt survive the transition to the screen no matter who played him, or maybe it'd be turned into a gritty faded prison tattoo under his eye or something :)

dweezil2

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 07 August, 2019, 11:00:42 PM
A friend told me by text that Jason Kingsley had posted a pic of himself with the script, but I'm tired and read it as Jason Statham, and whilst I'm still delighted at some movement now I'd love to see Statham as Judge Armour at some point :D

Statham shouldn't be let near any Judge Dredd adaptation.  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

GrudgeJohnDeed

radiator

QuoteStatham shouldn't be let near any Judge Dredd adaptation.  :thumbsup:

Strongly agree. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but in terms of acting ability and screen presence he's a straight-to-video caliber actor who somehow keeps getting cast in Hollywood movies. He also can't do a convincing American accent to save his life.

QuoteIt's utterly crap the way that genuine originators and creators are financially sidelined by those who adapt and translate their work into other media . I know it's how the comics industry, and many many others, works, but it leaves the foulest taste in the mouth.

There's no denying that James Gunn, Bradley Cooper and an army of designers and animators have had their own creative input into the screen success of Rocket Raccoon, but the rewards seem so much greater than those enjoyed by Bill Mantlo.

Just gonna leave this here.... The deal is worth $200m, apparently  :lol:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-s-1837048258

Reminds me of that time Warners signed that huge multimillion dollar record deal with REM after the guy who wrote all of their hit songs had quit the band.

metalmarc

Quote from: Frank on 06 August, 2019, 10:52:13 PM

There's a Youtube video doing the rounds which claims a 'MASSIVE UPDATE' on the show.

Needless to say, it's nothing of the kind, just a regurgitation of the facts and passing off observations the guy's read by Steve and Joe (here or on social media) as his own deductive reasoning.

Which is shameful shit, especially as he does have something like one piece of genuine news - Jason Kingsley confirmed to him that 'things' (presumably the screenplay, maybe also the series outline) have been 'completely rewritten' since last year's announcement.

That's it. Now go ahead and post the video anyway, because you never bother to read the thread.

Seen that piece of trash video if it's the one i'm Thinking off, I refuse to repost it to give it clicks, since it talks a load of rubbish & at 20k views giving misinformation to the general casual audience doesn't help their perception of how things are shaping up, infact any negative press like that likely informs the casual viewer to stay the hell away from it until they catch it many years later on dvd or if tv picks it up when it is finished & then moan about it being cancelled & how they wish they saw it at the start  :|

Much like the 2012 film really (just the people who say they wish they saw that film in the cinema)

Casual audiences tend to believe these rubbish Youtubers for some reason, I admit I had been worried myself but when you look into things properly you understand the situations better & also I am not a YouTuber who misinformed a Large audience though neither.

metalmarc

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 August, 2019, 09:38:38 AM
Quote from: Frank on 06 August, 2019, 10:52:13 PMJason Kingsley confirmed to him that 'things' (presumably the screenplay, maybe also the series outline) have been 'completely rewritten' since last year's announcement.
Which, in case anyone starts freaking out, is also extremely standard when it comes to new shows and pilots. What you see in the screen often ends up barely resembling the original pilot script.

Some YouTuber has already done that & started panicking the casual audience of about 20K people already  ::) & apparently according to the comments the YouTube video they have been informed the show is going to be woke & appeasing to the sjw crowd & people arguing over it in his comments  (I didn't watch all his video as soon as he started his panicking out over the script Photo I stopped watching) 

GrudgeJohnDeed

I was just thinking, Dolph Lundgren would make a fantastic Judge!!! Perhaps even Dredd himself!

TordelBack

Right, because the concept of social justice is totally alien to Judge Dredd and 2000AD. I just want to batter these people, constantly.

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

metalmarc

It wasn't mr H reviews neither the one I mentioned upthere ^ sorry folks, I got my wires crossed, still there is someone with a high subs count, posting a load of nonsense, panicking his audience & casual passby viewers with a lot of stuff like "Oh no the script is rewritten, this is bad news" etc like I said I tuned out when I got to that part and came here to check the boards knowing it was full of crap, since even major Hollywood blockbusters have script revisions etc

IAMTHESYSTEM

There are reports that Deadpool might be repackaged to appeal to the PG13 market. Disney wants family-friendly fare rather than Adult material to sell to the masses. Rebellion is not Disney, but you could see the possible insistence amongst some investors to 'lighten' the tone of Judge Dredd. Tough call, money if you make your product more appealing. However, Garth Ennis's 'The Boys,' now considered a success must prove there's a market for more Adult orientated material. Megacity One strikes me as an almost perfect reflection of current-day America, where Security fears dominate all thinking. That might prove to be both any programmes appeal and its problem. The 'good guys' wear black, shoot to kill and defend a society where an elite have banned Democratic accountability. That might prove disagreeable in the long run, but maybe like GoT they can show that most stories have more than one side to them. The extremism of the Judges came about by Democracy's failure, and like any system, the Justice Department is subject to change and reform.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

metalmarc

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 August, 2019, 11:14:13 AM
There are reports that Deadpool might be repackaged to appeal to the PG13 market. Disney wants family-friendly fare rather than Adult material to sell to the masses. Rebellion is not Disney, but you could see the possible insistence amongst some investors to 'lighten' the tone of Judge Dredd. Tough call, money if you make your product more appealing. However, Garth Ennis's 'The Boys,' now considered a success must prove there's a market for more Adult orientated material. Megacity One strikes me as an almost perfect reflection of current-day America, where Security fears dominate all thinking. That might prove to be both any programmes appeal and its problem. The 'good guys' wear black, shoot to kill and defend a society where an elite have banned Democratic accountability. That might prove disagreeable in the long run, but maybe like GoT they can show that most stories have more than one side to them. The extremism of the Judges came about by Democracy's failure, and like any system, the Justice Department is subject to change and reform.   

Preacher too, although on it's last season the whole thing was quite loaded with Adult content for sure.

From humperdoo to Arseface, all the gore, drug use, Violence, offensive imagery etc.

judgeurko

Doesn't seem like we have had an update on this in ages.