Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

And we are back for season 5. I am not a footballerist at all - I don't know one end of a ball from the other - but I really enjoyed that. Good to see it back.

Rately

Looking forward to watching it this evening.

Really enjoyed the entire series, and good to see the BBC supporting it.

Be interesting to see what the two of them could do if they got a chance to put their names to an episode of Doctor Who, preferably something Halloween based!

Fungus

Top telly, thoroughly enjoyed that. Crammed with detail too, these guys are either big football fans or spend each series researching these episodes 😋 ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Timothy

Nerd that I am I listened to the Inside Inside No 9 podcast this morning. It would seem that Pemberton is a fan of the game (Blackburn Rovers apparently), but Shearsmith is not.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Timothy on 04 February, 2020, 12:31:54 PM
It would seem that Pemberton is a fan of the game (Blackburn Rovers apparently).

As a fellow sufferer, he has my sympathies (Ah, the glory days of '95...)

The Monarch

[spoiler]Spending time with old friends.... [/spoiler]:lol:

Timothy

That was bloody scary. All new to me, but bloody scary nonetheless.

Rately

Quote from: The Monarch on 11 February, 2020, 03:03:28 AM
[spoiler]Spending time with old friends.... [/spoiler]:lol:

Absolutely superb.

Shearsmith and Pemberton continue to knock it out of the park.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fungus

An average one this week but it stretched credulity to breaking point so not an absolute favourite. The gags remain a highlight, [spoiler]eg. the bath water line[/spoiler].

And, at some point I've managed to enable Audio Described... meaning I watched the show listening to a deadpan Scottish voiceover telling me what I was watching. First time ever. Felt like a mockumentary and wondered what clever point the Gentlemen were making (this time). Sigh (!)
Or maybe my telly is haunted.

M.I.K.

That episode foreshadowed nine years ago.
(SPOILERS, obviously.)

Tiplodocus

Ah ok. I never really liked what (very) little I saw of League. I know some ofthe catchphrases but that's about it.

So this was all lost on me. Though I did think I recognised the character on the lampshade.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Rately

Quote from: M.I.K. on 12 February, 2020, 12:45:49 PM
That episode foreshadowed nine years ago.
(SPOILERS, obviously.)

Fantastic.

I'm assuming if Psychoville had had a third season, then this would have been a plot point.

Speaking of that show, when David made his grand entrance, all I could think of was that horrendous scene where Maureen "feeds" David!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 February, 2020, 01:18:26 PM
Quote from: Timothy on 04 February, 2020, 12:31:54 PM
It would seem that Pemberton is a fan of the game (Blackburn Rovers apparently).

As a fellow sufferer, he has my sympathies (Ah, the glory days of '95...)

Bolton Wanderers in solidarity, mate.