Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackstarr

eek....there's an errant full stop at the end of the last line - try without the full stop.  Make sure you press enter after typing each line of code.
You might also want to try typing the codes separately - ie. open console, type first code, close console, type second code, etc.

The Doctor Alt 8

Ok... I'll let you know what happens.....

:o

Minkyboy

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm on tenterhooks.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Link Prime

Quote from: Minkyboy on 29 January, 2014, 06:11:14 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm on tenterhooks.

Leave those Starr crossed lovers to their console commands, Minkyboy.
Cupids arrow is in flight- and this time it's Orcish.

The Doctor Alt 8

Ok... Now the bloody mouse won't work at all.... Until it stops sulking I can't even load the game let alone test if I can get the cheat code to work...

(please let me find a  code to gain more ebony arrows of slaying.... They are BRILLIANT! )

jackstarr

Hah!  I think my wife would have something to say about that!

Quoteplease let me find a  code to gain more ebony arrows of slaying.... They are BRILLIANT!

AddItem "bm_ebonyarrow_s" 10

...will add 10 extra ebony arrows of slaying.

1) This is cheating - there are only meant to be 5 of them in the whole game!
2) If you fire one against an enemy that has reflect, you will die immediately.
3) Don't use them at the end of the main quest - there's a bug and you will break the game ending.

The Doctor Alt 8

Don't worry..
if I can get the cheat code to work I'll be using them against ricklings... And deadly grahls.....

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: jackstarr on 23 January, 2014, 11:06:53 AM
It may not happen with anything else, as nothing else may push your system as hard as Morrowind does.

Try: Right-click My Computer, select Properties, select Hardware, select Device Manager.  Scroll down to
Universal Serial Bus Controllers, open the plus sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, scroll down the list to USB Root Hub and highlight.  Right-click that entry and choose Properties.  A window will open with four tabs.  Choose Power Management.  The page should say USB Root Hub and below that, should be a box ticked for "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"  Untick that box and close.  Close all dialog boxes, including Device Manager.

Finally managed to follow the instructions... Well it seemed to work for a time...

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: jackstarr on 30 January, 2014, 09:02:04 AM
Hah!  I think my wife would have something to say about that!

Quoteplease let me find a  code to gain more ebony arrows of slaying.... They are BRILLIANT!

AddItem "bm_ebonyarrow_s" 10

...will add 10 extra ebony arrows of slaying.

1) This is cheating - there are only meant to be 5 of them in the whole game!
2) If you fire one against an enemy that has reflect, you will die immediately.
3) Don't use them at the end of the main quest - there's a bug and you will break the game ending.

Mind you I can't get any add item cheat code to work as the " key in the console converts to a @ symbol...

jackstarr

QuoteMind you I can't get any add item cheat code to work as the " key in the console converts to a @ symbol...
Ok, so it's set up for the US keyboard in that case, where the " and @ keys are swapped.

Type the @ key and it should appear on screen as ".

Minkyboy

Can I nominate Jackstarr for the most patient and helpful boarder of the year please?
Oh, I just have.
Who is running the Board Awards anyway?
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: jackstarr on 31 January, 2014, 10:27:01 AM
QuoteMind you I can't get any add item cheat code to work as the " key in the console converts to a @ symbol...
Ok, so it's set up for the US keyboard in that case, where the " and @ keys are swapped.

Type the @ key and it should appear on screen as ".

Well that is odd...
I tried swapping round those keys BEFOR and it didn't work.... I can only assume this was fixed in the update.

HOWEVER although the code was accepted... (the line turned violet & there were no error message)

the items did not appear in my inventory. sigh

jackstarr

You did remember to add player-> to the beginning of the code to make sure it's added to you?

player->AddItem "bm_ebonyarrow_s" 10

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh Grud!

dispite following jackstarrs advice re my recurring mouse problems I have now totally lost all mouse function not just in the game but for every thing.
Can anybody advise me on how to uninstall the mouse software as this apparently my only hope....

jackstarr

1) If your mouse came with any 3rd party software, then uninstall this first via "Add/Remove Programs" from "Start" > "Control Panel".  If unsure, check the brand of your mouse (for example logitech or microsoft) and see if there is any installed software that looks as though it's to do with your mouse.  If your mouse is unbranded, there probably isn't any 3rd party software installed.

2) Go to "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Performance and Maintenance" > "System," then open the "Hardware" tab and click on "Device Manager." Expand the list of devices under "Mice and other pointing devices," then double-click on your mouse.

3) Click to open the "Driver" tab, then click on the "Uninstall" button at the bottom of the dialogue box. You will now be prompted to confirm the operation. Click "OK" to continue. The uninstallation process will now commence.  Unplug your mouse.

4) Reboot your pc.  When it restarts, plug in your mouse, and Windows should automatically check for the correct driver.