Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Caliber

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Mike Carroll

Quote from: John Caliber on 08 December, 2010, 12:23:47 PM
Whatever turns you on, Richard!  ;)

"Richard"? Oooh, he ain't gonna like that!

R1F4

Alrite guys, Im one of the design droids here at the Nerve Centre. I rarely post on here but thought id just give you guys a heads up on stuff...

Yesterday, myself and the rest of the team got to check out some shots from the Dredd movie.

1. Anderson looks great. Yes, she's blonde... (and hot)
2. Bikes look cool.
3. Judges look AWESOME! (and the helmets aren't oversized). Infact the entire Judge outfit looks spot on in my opinion.

You probably knew all of this anyway...

Now we have seen these pics, we are even more excited than we where before! DNA and co are doing a great job and we cant to see more stuff. Bare with us, im sure more pics will be released soon.

Richmond Clements

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: R1F4 on 08 December, 2010, 12:45:24 PM
Alrite guys, Im one of the design droids here at the Nerve Centre. I rarely post on here but thought id just give you guys a heads up on stuff...

Yesterday, myself and the rest of the team got to check out some shots from the Dredd movie.

2. Bikes look cool.
3. Judges look AWESOME! (and the helmets aren't oversized). Infact the entire Judge outfit looks spot on in my opinion.

Now we have seen these pics, we are even more excited than we where before! DNA and co are doing a great job and we cant to see more stuff. Bare with us, im sure more pics will be released soon.

Great to hear from another design artist. Look forward to the pics but don't overdo it. Keep us hungry!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

John Caliber

The main aspect of these 'off-camera' photos I dislike is that they are the first views of the movie, and because of their informal nature the worst advertisement possible for the project. I was very surprised that our first look at Judge Dredd was a blurry, darkened image and not the good Judge, head to foot, with his Lawmaster in the background. The only image we have of Karl Urban looks like a crazed fan costume-maker loitering by the exit, waiting for his chance to trap Urban in a net and take him back to his shed to torture him over uniform 'inconsistencies'. I am under the impression that the CGI cityscapes are in production, so why was a composite shot not assembled?

With a fan-base as dedicated as we are, promotional images have to handled very carefully to set the record straight from the very get-go.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

norse_sage

Why a composite shot wasn't assemebled?
It no doubt will be for actual promotional images, let alone the finished movie.

The recently leaked pictures are spyshots, snapped by some jackass on the shooting location when they weren't filming anything, and then leaked on the internet. These pictures would never have been released officially as they are fit for spreading FUD only, which is all they are doing.

Yeah, the released picture of Dredd wasn't the best one. They could have done better.
But the subsequent leaked set pics can't be pinned on the production.

minus

Quote from: John Caliber on 08 December, 2010, 01:02:18 PM
The main aspect of these 'off-camera' photos I dislike is that they are the first views of the movie, and because of their informal nature the worst advertisement possible for the project. I was very surprised that our first look at Judge Dredd was a blurry, darkened image and not the good Judge, head to foot, with his Lawmaster in the background. The only image we have of Karl Urban looks like a crazed fan costume-maker loitering by the exit, waiting for his chance to trap Urban in a net and take him back to his shed to torture him over uniform 'inconsistencies'. I am under the impression that the CGI cityscapes are in production, so why was a composite shot not assembled?

With a fan-base as dedicated as we are, promotional images have to handled very carefully to set the record straight from the very get-go.

Well hopefully they will learn from this. Part of their tight budget should have been spent on releasing some decent shots of Urban in uniform. Actually, a single shot released early on in the piece would have been enough.

Hoagy

Some of the best films were made by people with their backs to the wall.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

DKCX

2. Bikes look cool.

Glad someone from the towers came in and poured some riot foam on the situation. I feel some are basing Judgement on some minor vehicle pictures and we need to wait for more information.
I feel the negative minority are getting more of the publicity and are causing damage, ok we have opinions but c'mon wait till there is more pictures and information to base judgement on.
The critical date will be April when the teaser/trailer will be released.
Glad it is looking good according to you, I trust your opinion and of course John Wagner's opinion who is 100% behind it and has a double Carlos thumbs up.
It would be good to release a few more pictures and get people to calm down.

Judge Palmer

Quote from: SneakeeX on 08 December, 2010, 02:10:36 PM

2. Bikes look cool.

Glad someone from the towers came in and poured some riot foam on the situation. I feel some are basing Judgement on some minor vehicle pictures and we need to wait for more information.
I feel the negative minority are getting more of the publicity and are causing damage, ok we have opinions but c'mon wait till there is more pictures and information to base judgement on.
The critical date will be April when the teaser/trailer will be released.
Glad it is looking good according to you, I trust your opinion and of course John Wagner's opinion who is 100% behind it and has a double Carlos thumbs up.
It would be good to release a few more pictures and get people to calm down.

I agree, please don't be put off this production purely by images that have been released thus far. We all have high expectations of this movie and I personally feel with so many important people (Wagner, Jock etc) contributing to this, fans and non fans alike will NOT be dissapointed. It's all to easy to get carried away with any pic's that we see, leaked or not. If we have patience and remain positive we will be rewarded soon enough with 'Official' pic's from the movie. April can't get here quick enough as i'm dying to see the trailer, I know it's gonna be AWESOME!! :)

Being supportive of this production as well as patient is the key issue here as i'm sure the guys behind the scenes are working their as**s off to make this movie the best it can be! Keep up the good work everyone who is working on this, you have my support 110%!!
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

COMMANDO FORCES

Have you got your ticket Judge Palmer?

Judge Palmer

Oh yes CF, got my weekend ticket safely tucked away, I take it you have yours?
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

COMMANDO FORCES

Indeed I have, I look forward to seeing you there  :wave:

Spaceghost

Trust me, (and this is one of the first scenes) when we see Dredd [spoiler]speeding through the streets on his Lawmaster recieving *ITEM* bulletins from Control informing him of trouble at Wulf Sternhammer block as he fires his bike cannons into the back of a speeding car filled with perps, out of their heads on Slo-Mo, firing back at him[/spoiler], we'll all be grinning like silly bastards.

Relax. This is going to be good.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...