Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Aye, I miss Barney being updated. I've not got much programming experience (to any real degree, I haven't even formatted a website before) but i'm happy to help if it's needed.

AlexF

Very much on the quiet, some lovely person has indeed updated Barney! My life as a 2000AD statistician is once again complete.

Superme thanks to all involved.

I, Cosh

Quote from: AlexF on 26 September, 2016, 11:27:17 AM
Very much on the quiet, some lovely person has indeed updated Barney! My life as a 2000AD statistician is once again complete.
This was supposed to be your big Prog 2000 anniversary surprise from Wake and I. There are still a couple missing.
We never really die.

Rio De Fideldo

Thanks Cosh and Wake. Barney really is a fantastic source of info.

Frank

If I ever find you, Cosh, I will shag you.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 26 September, 2016, 02:03:36 PM
If I ever find you, Cosh, I will shag you.

Let's hope this day never comes.  It's only The Cosh's unfulfilled yearning for Sauchielove that keeps him at his unending task, once the deed is done, who knows what the consequences for squaxxdom might be.  Look what happened to Jane Seymour in Live and Let Die, like that but with Bikini Kill in the Roger Moore role.

Colin YNWA

Hat and what ever else you fancy takin' off to I, Cosh and who ever else was involved.

In Barney we trust.

SpongeJosh

I thought the "Lastest 2000 AD publications" bit looked different from yesterday. :lol:

Cheers to all involved  :thumbsup:

In Barney we trust.

sheridan

The link to the cover browser was posted on another thread and I noticed a few technical issues...

cover browser link

From where I am:

"1970 Strontium Dog Jon Davis-Hunt" is a broken image ref

"1979 Sláine Simon Davis" (and any other references to the warped one) has strange formatting on the name Sláine (though this could just be my browser / operating system settings or something else that isn't worth the amount of effort it might take to fix)

"1995 Black Shuck Jon Davis-Hunt" is clearly Anderson, Psi-Division, not Black Shuck

Just so that I'm not just quibbling, great work on updating the best 2000AD reference on the web :-)

The Adventurer

Also have the same Slaine formating issue (Chrome browser)

For some reason in the Tharg 3rillers list, Commercial Break says '2 Episodes' instead of '3'
http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=2000AD&choice=3RILLERS

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Frank

On the updates issue, would it help if we posted contents/creator details and cover scans here every week, or is it the coding side of things that cuts into the time The Cosh can devote to cycling and hipster cultural pursuits?

sheridan

What format would the code be needed in, anyway?  Some sort of SQL / XML / CSV / other mark-up thing?

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 02 October, 2016, 01:03:34 AM
The link to the cover browser was posted on another thread and I noticed a few technical issues...

cover browser link

This one always drives me bonkers when I do it.  Either I've mistyped the name of the file (even a single character different can throw it) or I've misnamed it in the database.  Generally an easy fix, just checking the SQL or the image name.

I, Cosh

Thanks for the corrections. I've updated the ones I can and will pass on the broken link. I also get the Slaine formatting issue.
Quote from: Frank on 17 October, 2016, 11:20:47 PM
On the updates issue, would it help if we posted contents/creator details and cover scans here every week, or is it the coding side of things that cuts into the time The Cosh can devote to cycling and hipster cultural pursuits?
For the Progs and Megs, the offer's appreciated but it wouldn't really help much. There's not really any coding to it. It's just collating the data, doing some lookups against the strip and droid names then getting Wake to fix my mistakes after they're loaded.

I even wrote a script to pull the covers out of my digital Progs so it's more about apathy. I'd like to get back on the old schedule of an update at the end of the standard 10/12 Prog run of stories but we'll see how that goes.

On the other hand, if anyone can point me in the direction of contents and cover scans for the Mega Collection, that would be very helpful as I don't buy them.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Hats and anything else you want off to you sir.