Main Menu

Help the Gurkha Veterans!

Started by +rufus+, 16 September, 2008, 12:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

If you are lucky enough to be a UK resident, please take a moment to sign this petition on Behalf of the Gurkhas, some of the bravest troops to fight for the UK, and a force that has been badly let down by the government here on numerous occasions.

We are lucky have friends like these... so let's treat them as friends.

Many of these Veterans are WW2 medal winers, and all served with distinction.

I know there's a few ex servicemen here, so I hope this is ok to post.

Thank you Everyone!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Gurkha-soldiers/

For more info..

http://www.vchero.co.uk/pb/wp_4351bf75/wp_4351bf75.html

Dunk!

Cheers for the link, Rufus.

I don't normally get agitated by such things, but their treatment by this government is shameful and embarrasses me as a citizen.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Well found Rufus, I can't believe the way our government (red & blue) ignores these very courageous and extremely friendly men (and their families). It really pisses me off the way they have been treated, but I better stop now or I'll explode half way down the page
 :angry:

Richmond Clements

It's a bloody disgrace.

'You risked your life for us eh? Some of you dies for us, eh? Great! Now fuck of back to your own country!'

Fucking shameful.

Kerrin

Nice one Rufus, this governments behavior is a disgrace, how the hell they make these decisions is beyond me. And that isn't even mentioning Iraqi translators and the living conditions of every British Serviceman and woman. Except I just did.

SamuelAWilkinson

I'd like to echo all previous sentiments expressed on this page.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

TordelBack

I'm lucky enough not to be a UK citizen (and thus must stay clear of the petition), but holy crap, did these bastards never read Victor - it was wall-to-wall Gurkha heroics in that thing.   I'd be bloody ashamed to live in a state that treats its veterans like this.  What would Darkie say?

Matt Timson

It is shameful.  Horrendously so.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Bah!  I'm not getting the confirmation email.

Swizz...
Pffft...

+rufus+

Keep trying Matt.. well worth it!

Thank you everyone who's signed..

It beggars belief we'd treat anyone like that, least of all these men.

As someone who's Grandfather fought in Burma during the War, I've always had an interest in the Chindits and Gurkhas.

I'd also suggest writing your MP.. it's what they're there for... let's make those drokkers work for their money.

Extra thrill power rations for all!

Old Tankie

Well done, Rufus.  I will be signing the petition.  I served alongside these guys, they are very special people.  Our Government is a disgrace for treating them this way.

Matt Timson

This is bullshit!  I've tried multiple times from three different browsers and the email never arrives!

BRING ME THE HEAD OF GORDON BROWN!

:angry:
Pffft...

maryanddavid

Im with Tord on this one, absolute disgrace, Id sign If I could. Go Rufus.

David

maryanddavid

Sorry for the double post , but something just occured to me. I remember playing as a child and meeting a man who was the uncle of our next door neighbour,( they live about half a mile away, I live inthe country). John Kenny was his name and he looked like James Joyce, he fought in WW2 and had been captured and tortured and pow by the Japaneese. Thats as much as I remember been told about him.

That recollection has really nothing to do with anything, but I remember everyone treated him with respect that he was due. Im also pretty sure that all ROI veterns of the 'emergency' as it was called here who fought on the side of the British recieves a Pension from HRMG. There is no reason that these Brave Gurkhas shouldnt get the same.

Cheers

David