Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 December, 2009, 12:05:48 PM
I left my wallet at home and had to make a mad dash back at tea-break to get it, fuming all the way.  Then I got to see the wife and two sprogs, who had all been asleep when I left, and realised my good fortune.

Thanks for the diabetes.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 December, 2009, 12:40:58 PM
Thanks for the diabetes.

Yes, apologies, it was a rather ghastly Hallmark moment.   

Lady Festina

It's about to snow like a basterd outside and we have chilli, mulled wine and Big Trouble in Little China just starting on the telly.

Now that ain't bad.....

IAMTHESYSTEM

If it snows enough I don't have to go to work tomorrow! ;D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ThryllSeekyr

I was watching the Harry Potter film Half Blood Prince on the Box Office channel last night. Well, Not really, I wasn't following the story at all. Was in a bit of a modd, and moved onto the computer to play abit of Batman : Arkam Asylum while my turning head every now and then to see what was happening.

Apparently each  of the Harry Potter films in turn have shrug off some more of theirs childish coil. I don't think it's really much of childrens movie anymore. Granted, I know the kids who grew up wathing Harry Potter will still be watching and might even be enjoying this. As alot of them have grown in the process.

It's like watching Alien's or some depressing movie about boarding school. Even the light filtering murkier trying to acheive  this new level of being a movie for grown ups who perhaps more interested in drama than magic.

Anyway, couldn't follow what going  on missed most of the film and was about to watch it's second veiwing when I just passed out on the couch. Wasting the five dollars.

I might have prefered to watch Wolverine: Origins

Van Dom

Quote from: Lady Festina on 17 December, 2009, 09:01:47 PM
It's about to snow like a basterd outside and we have chilli, mulled wine and Big Trouble in Little China just starting on the telly.

Now that ain't bad.....

Not bad? That sounds pretty much damn perfect to me! It's Miller Time!
You got me in the mood for putting that on myself now!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 17 December, 2009, 09:22:40 PM
I might have prefered to watch Wolverine: Origins
It's better than X-Men 3, but that isn't really saying very much.  Good bits to it, but I wouldn't have paid to see it.

Having taken the eldest neice to see this one, I quite liked it.  Apparently theres a very major change from the book  which *I* think makes the whole thing work VERY well.  Pay attention next time Thylly, you might enjoy it.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

Bryan Singer is directing the next X-Men film. X2 is probably my favourite superhero movie and I actually like Superman Returns but I can't get too excited just because TLS and (to a much lesser extent) XMO: Wolverine sucked so much.

House of Usher

I just nipped out to post cards to the owners of my local barber's and hardware store and popped into Tesco for some more last-minute non-essentials. Some woman was out trying to buy satsumas on Christmas Eve (!). No chance. I bought mine a week if not longer ago.
:lol:
I went through the self-scan checkouts, which is normally against my principles because I don't work for Tesco and nor do I want to do anyone out of a job, but I made an exception because I was just pleased to able to get any shopping done today. As it happened, my going through that checkout saved me very little time but cost Tesco a fair bit in time, assistance and goodwill, so the cosmic balance is restored. The bagging area wasn't big enough for my 16 items. The software got confused when I took my full bag off the scales to fit a second bag on in its place, and the message kept alternating between 'unrecognized item in bagging area please remove it before proceeding' and 'item removed from bagging area please replace it before proceeding,' so I was stuck in a loop and had to summon assistance (again).

I think my dislike of self-scanning checkouts is vindicated, and I shall continue not to use them in the future, with a vengeance.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

On the down side I've just got up, but on the up side I got 2 hours' reading in first.
STRIKE !!!

Dunk!

Spending the day seeing how many knob shaped cacti you can hide in a detailed layout drawing of an mad scientist's greenhouse.

There are tougher jobs available.
"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

While the wife and I watched the second episode of 3 Men in a Boat I heard a familiar tune. Just as the 3 bods began a race at about the 20 minute point the backing track was from the Judge Dredd film, how weird.
Amazingly the wife was not impressed with my fact when I told her ::)

Hoagy

I picked up "The complete Tales of Edgar Allen Poe", today. It was time. 6.99 from Oxfam Books.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Roger Godpleton

I have no complaints with those rollover Tatsunoko vs Capcom ads.