Main Menu

Prog 1920 - Shooting from the Lip

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 28 February, 2015, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

No more quite frankly's. Hear hear. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

A cracking cover by the Teague droid. Not everyones cuppa, it would seem, but it works very well for me.

Dredd - Dark Justice; A decent enough episode all told, but still a tad silly widescreen for my tastes. 'Hang around!', indeed...

All the rest are fine and dandy. The highlight this week is Savage. Glorious stuff.

DrRocka

Looks like I'm the only one LOVING Dredd right now (even my Dads saying this story's outstayed its welcome). I really dont want Dark Justice to end - great looking, classic Dredd in my opinion. Elsewhere, it's Savage I'm turning to first, the rest's good, but The Order's lost me - gonna wait til it's all the can then do the big reread.
Never ever bloody anything ever

TordelBack

A prog filled with brilliant moments:

Dredd: Three consecutive pages this week that are amongst the most enjoyable in the strip's history.  Banter, magnificent art, tension*. 

Savage: No, not the doling out of just deserts**, which was even more ace than expected, but the profile of Savage as he made his choice, echoing his face on the Oval Office wallscreen a few weeks back.  Bloody great stuff.

Survival Geeks: well the whole episode completely won me over this week, bursting with fun ideas and great designs, but flashback shot of Simon with his Thundercats sword, swimming goggles and a watch stuck to a waterpistol was a strong contender for panel of the year.  This strip has arrived.

Other stuff:
The Order continued to be ludicrously entertaining, is it odd that I don't want to see any of these characters die? 

In the end Station to Station delivered a satisfying Dr Who story with some clever touches, and some awesome art from a man who is clearly going places.

*But why couldn't Morty have done for Dredd's weapon the same way and spared us the Mk III silliness?.
** Enjoyed the wordplay of the grinders becoming organ grinders in another sense.

Apestrife

Good prog.

Dark Justice isn't quite what I expected, especially not the turn from 70's quality scifi thriller to 80's action. But I quite like it. I'm impressed how well it works on it's own and still builds on top off Day of Chaos.

Hope there's some surprises to the ending. I remember Greg Staples saying somewhere that the story would be a bit of a surprise. While it has, I hope there's a bit more to the ending. Perhaps some hint where PJ Maybe went.

Other than that. Figures I'll try to stay of the prog thread of 1921 this Saturday. Also avoiding the preview.

Geoff

Yes! That's what it needs, the return of the mercurial presence of PJ!

Tiplodocus

See all of the strip review bits above where people say they liked something and gave a really good and clever reason for why?  That's my view, that is.

Same for the cover.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Judge Olde

Hoped for a prog 1921 thread. I'm glad I'm by far not the only one not overly enjoying Dark Justice.
Why didn't MC1 just nuke the ship? Think the Dark Judges worked best in glorious black & white.

Jamie1000013

Quote from: Judge Olde on 07 March, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
Hoped for a prog 1921 thread. I'm glad I'm by far not the only one not overly enjoying Dark Justice.
Why didn't MC1 just nuke the ship? Think the Dark Judges worked best in glorious black & white.

Because of the people on the ship lol. They probably thought they had enough time to rescue them or maybe they could have been wrong about the Dark Judges being back.

Richmond Clements

Saw this prog on display in Tesco yesterday - first time I have seen it there. Is this a new thing..?

Link Prime

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 March, 2015, 12:19:32 PM
Saw this prog on display in Tesco yesterday - first time I have seen it there. Is this a new thing..?

Good news. I've never seen the Prog on sale in any Tesco in ROI either.
Could be some market penetration due to the Mega Collection?

I think Joe Soap listed Tesco as one of the retail outlets stocking it.