Main Menu

Kids Adventure Comics

Started by down south, 23 January, 2016, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

down south

Can anybody make some recommendations for Kids adventure comics (ages 5-10)?  I recall one comic being mentioned in the magazine (I think?) but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called?

Daveycandlish

That was probably Phoenix, available online via their website or in Travelling Man and selected Waitrose.
Or you could try my self published PARAGON
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

rogue69

there's a free classic adventure comic being given away at www.bovrilbrigade.com

This is a revamp of the original series from the 50's & 60's Eagle comic, but instead of the stories being about a group of kids on adventures this comic is about adventures like Thomas Inch Britain's first strongman & Captain Webb channel swimmer.

The writers are Pat Mills & Alan Hebden & the artists are Mike Collins, Patrick Goddard, Andrew Chiu & Mike Spender

The Adventurer

Sonic the Hedgehog and/or Mega Man* might be what you're looking for. Engaging stories and bloodless action. Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, and Avatar the Last Airbender comics might also appeal.

*alas on hiatus fo the foreseeable future

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

down south

Minkyboy

My kids get the Phoenix through the door every Friday. Girl 8, boy 8 , girl 6, they all love it and we often read it together as a family. Great comic. Not cheap though.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000