Main Menu

The Projection Booth: Future Shock! - The Story of 2000AD

Started by JOE SOAP, 30 January, 2017, 01:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

2 hour podcast on Future Shock! - The Story of 2000AD

Get it early on patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/special-report-7924493

Or wait a few days to get it free when it uploads.

http://projection-booth.blogspot.ie/

Frank

Thanks - their features are always exhaustive. Presumably, the first 1 hr 50 minutes is their interview with Pat Mills.

sheldipez

I'm a big fan of both Projection Booth and Future Shock! so cant wait to go through this. Should be a good un!

cheers

JOE SOAP

There's a good, lengthy interview with the producers of Future Shock! and a guest comic fan - pedants be gentle - bookends the show with the host. Some discussion about how Americans view Dredd and 2000AD plus the films 2000AD has influenced or been ripped-off by.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 January, 2017, 12:13:52 AM
... (an interview with) a guest comic fan - pedants be gentle - bookends the show

Top o' the maaarnin' to ye, Moike. Sure, Tharg's the quare fella.

Hopefully this is just your warm up for your authoritative turn on the Booth's six hour feature about Dredd 3D.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

If Joe doesn't sound like Jack Webb I'm going to be very disappointed.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 January, 2017, 09:38:24 AM
If Joe doesn't sound like Jack Webb I'm going to be very disappointed.

When I assume, I make an arse out of you and me. Turns out this wasn't JOE SOAP's podcast debut - although he (sort of) gets a credit as 'some guy, whose name I can't remember, sent me a thing about Robocop starting off as a Dredd adaptation'.

It's a typically entertaining episode, with my favourite being the filmmakers' description of apologising to Pat Mills for taking up 2 hours of his time and preparing to leave - only for Mills to ply them with wine, declare he'd been waiting a long time to tell his story, and go on for five and a half hours.

I suspect if they'd tried to nip outside for a fag, they'd have found all the doors and windows were locked.

PlayerFM

iTunes

The Projection Booth