Main Menu

Broadbanding

Started by Jared Katooie, 30 November, 2004, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

I got a free two month trial of broadband here which I'm very much looking forward to abusing. First though I'd appreciate a few pointers on setting up the yoke. If you can offer simple detailed instructions (as if you were speaking to a child) I would be very grateful.

More importantly (eh, sort of) I want links for stuff to dowload. Games, video, comics and anything else worth getting. My PC is old and slow so nothing too fancy.

Cheers!

JK.

Richmond Clements

As I mentioned on a thread last week, I have discovered bittorrent.
Download yourself the required software, and get that record collection you have always wanted.

But it's wrong, so wrong.

Queen Firey-Bou

broadbands just arrived here. waiting to see how my mate gets on he's trying to set up with 1-tel. ive got two phone lines at present... so its bound to be a money saver & will open up new possibilities...hopefully, wary of tech hell pit falls tho !
like this old 98 PC, would it cope ? ive got no virus stuff for it anymore. all too olde...

Max Kon

You need anti-virus ware and firewalls if you have broadband

Max

Jared Katooie

YES! YES! It works! It works!

Must... download... crap...

Queen Firey-Bou

okay , me thinks zone alarm still works, but norton laughed at me ages ago & said " you want an update when youre using 98? ha feck off i'm going to crash "

any anti-viruses work on new systems? ive got norton 2000 but this pc spat it out " mutter mutter new fangled youth of today " etc.

or am i just stupid... possibly apathetic or plain too tired to give a damn ?

Jared Katooie

"or am i just stupid... possibly apathetic or plain too tired to give a damn ?"

Yes, yes and maybe.

You should download AVG (virus checker). It'll take a while wothout broadband (sigh... broadband...) but it should work even on your ancient computer.

Forget about Norton. It refused to do anything for me too. It's just stoopid.

Pyroxian

I have issues with Norton - like the fact you can't shut it off - ever...

Steve

esoteric ed

Speaking of connections there was some ad on the radio this morning, I was still half asleep but recall it had some guy ringing someone called Z???? Z???? something or other, and he was overjoyed because he had now called and contacted "everyone" in the phone directory starting with Aaron A Ardvarcous or something similar.

Sorry it's a bit vague, but I thought to myself "where" have I heard that before? ;-)

It was on Merseyside's CENTURY FM station.

Ed

Ed