Main Menu

Prog 2005. How will each tale fare?

Started by Jared Katooie, 08 December, 2004, 03:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

What are your expectations for prog 2005? Which story do you think will be best? Which will be worst?

For me in order of quality it'll probably be:

1) Dredd
2) Caballistics
3) Robo-hunter
4) Nikolai Dante
5) Slaine

I'm looking forward to the first three a lot but I'm not too pleased to see Dante return as his tales all fell down badly after The courtship of Jena Makarov. I would give him a chance but he's blown it too many times.

Slaine, well I was tempted to put it before Dante because it hasn't been terrible but I'd rather play it safe and assume the worst.

Agus tusa?

JK.

Devons Daddy

is it a Christmas dredd tale?

that would be perfect for me. i look forward to them.
 last years Megazine, the turkey one was the best  mega city tale of christmas  madness in years.

i would say
its going to be equal on robo hunter and cabal,
with slaine and dante being close behind. i would reckon margin between 1 and 6 only 3%.

tharg will not let us down.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tu-plang

Theres a Sinister/Dexter in there as well, so...

Nikolai Dante
Caballistics
Dredd
Slaine
Robo-hunter
Sinister/Dexter
Rogue Trooper game feature

ITs pretty tight competition at the top.  Dredd is so far down because I probably take it for granted, I'm more looking forward to returning characters.  New Robo-Hunnter hasn't done much for me, Sin/Dex is a bit blergh and the Rogue Trooper feature will be filler shite.

But I'm ready for Tharg to come out of nowhere and surprise me.

Dan Kelly

'lo board.

Tomorrow, at 7:30pm, Alan Moore is being interviewed by Stewart Lee for a recording of Radio 4's Chain Reaction.

I now have a single spare ticket to the recording and am offering it to the board.

You will need to be able to get to Regent Street tube for 7pm tomorrow night, as I don't want to hang around too before the bar opens.  You must also be over 14.

There is a possiblity that we may not get to see the recording as the BBC give more tickets than seats.  However, as long as we are in the bar as close to 7 as possibly, we should be OK.

Right, first come first served.  On this thread.

Dan

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/chain_reaction.shtml" target="_blank">Chain Reaction details

House of Usher

Criswell predicts that the stories will be good in this order:

Caballistics
Dredd
Sinister/Dexter
Nikolai Dante
Slaine
Robo-hunter
STRIKE !!!

petesbeats

Really lookin' forward to Cabs return.

Order would be:-

Cabs
Dante
Dredd
Robo-Hunter
Sin/Dex
Slaine

Is there not a new Future Games strip as well??!??

Wils

But I'm ready for Tharg to come out of nowhere and surprise me.

Hopefully not in the Rosette of Sirius, though. ;)

Dudley

Sinister Dexter text story was my highlight of Prog 2004, so I'm not making any prejudgements this time around.

Other than that I reckon Slaine will be least enjoyable, as per usual.

Grant Goggans

I'm not looking forward to Dante anymore because John Burns is still the artist, instead of Simon Fraser.  But I think I'm looking forward to Second City Blues even less.

I think I'll give equal first for Robo-Hunter and Caballistics Inc, then Dredd and Sinister Dexter, then Slaine.

--Grant

Smiley

Not too sure about the Dredd, since the artist has only done a few underwhelming bits and bobs in the past. Still, could have improved greatly since, so what the hey.

philt

lisataylor

"I'm not looking forward to Dante anymore because John Burns is still the artist, instead of Simon Fraser"

Totally with you on that one. I dont care what John Burns thinks of Frazer. Nikolie Dante belongs to him. I will be very dissapionted if he does not return to art duties at some point! With regards to the Chtristmas Dredd. I have a feeling we are going to see the return of that woman with the hat and the hyperdermics. Whats her name. Black Widow?

thrillpowerseeker

Looking forward to the 4th Invasions very much..I like Burns on Dante too..there's not a lot to choose with this line up though..one of the strongest probably since prog 2004

Grant Goggans

I'm glad you mentioned that interview.  Of all the tacky, backhanded, unprofessional bullpatooty I've ever seen a supposedly "professional" comic creator say in print, Burns's remarks about Simon Fraser really rank up there.  I was hardly Burns' biggest fan in the first place, but dissing the fellow you've replaced, when the fellow in question created the character and put far more love, energy and work into the pages to make the strip look unique and vibrant and alive than Burns has yet shown, is just pathetic.

Finally, I'd expect such unprofessional tosh from some twenty year-old punk working for Oni, not someone with as much experience in comics as John Burns.  A pox on him, and may Simon return to Dante with all deliberate speed.

--Grant

thrillpowerseeker

ooh bit harsh there Grant..I'd sooner listen to an artist being honest then the usual prevaricating tosh that sees print..anyone know if there's a reason Simon Fraser isn't doing Dante anymore?