Main Menu

Kurt Vonnegut on TV tonight BBC2 11:20pm

Started by paulvonscott, 11 February, 2005, 12:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

11.20pm  The Culture Show To mark the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Dresden, acclaimed US author Kurt Vonnegut talks about Slaughterhouse Five, the seminal work of science fiction which was inspired by his witnessing of the tragedy. He also discusses his other work and views on broader issues. Presented by Andrew Graham-Dixon (888) (Stereo)  

Rio De Fideldo

Help!

Can any one tell me how this works. I'm unsure what you do when you can't find a tracker and a website only has a forum

Art

I particuly like his classic "TimeQuake", featuring time travelling nazis and azteks and serialised as a comic strip in Starlord.

GordonR

That one he wrote about vampires on the Eastern Front was good too.

paulvonscott

Well, I sure can pick em.  A 10 minute (though interesting) interview with Kurt, and some unleievable arty gibberish that was funnier than Don't Look Now.

The European Space Agency funding artist to dress up a bunch of white middle class artist blokes as pantomime Ali Baba's and float on flying carpets in a zero G envirnment to further the understand of myth and legend in our culture.

The whole show was so unbelievable I actually decided to get up and do some much needed washing up.

Carlsborg Expert.

Quirkafleeg

THe Flying Carpet Formation Team rocked!

Carlsborg Expert.

The Carpet-Baggers,

they're the dodgy fookers.

Art

Conexus

I couldn't get past the pretensious arty stuff about photos  

therev

The art is space thing I thought was a piss take, then I realised it was true, I flicked over to UKGold2 and watched Alan Partridge and the Day To Day.
I then went to bed with a headache and muttering that we should have never come down out of the trees..

House of Usher

The Culture Show isn't working out too well at the moment, is it?
STRIKE !!!

GordonR

Its title alone annoys me.  It makes me feel like Herman Goering:  

"Every time I hear the word culture, I reach for my gun."