Main Menu

Horray for me!

Started by Jared Katooie, 31 July, 2005, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

I've just got back from thingy-con (I've broken into the college to post this) and I've picked up some real goodies, including Dredd classics Oz (most of it anyway) and the Taxidermist. I also got Doomlord: The deathlords of Nox and heard some artist guy complaining repeatedly about Paul Scott working him too hard! Hooray!

Any other boarders make the trip? If you havent yet, dont bother. I got all the good stuff.

paulvonscott

That's what I like to hear.

Jared Katooie

He was doing it in a jokey way though. Please dont punish him!

Richmond Clements

Huh.

He couldn't have been working him hard enough, if he had time to go out and complain about it!

paulvonscott

And none of the buggers seem to be working at the moment anyway.  It'll all chnage when I get back from holiday.

What was the con, Jared?  The Dublin Comic Mart?

Jared Katooie

Yeah, I think that was it. I was at maryanddavid's stall. He had some of the small press stuff there too. That's why the artist guy was talking about it, I think. Probably just boasting. You know what artists are like.

Decent con but with more of a toy and video emphasis than I would have liked. Well, so long for now!

Mike Carroll

Yeah, it was a good event! I arrived at ten and intended to stay only for a couple of hours. Instead, I accidently didn't leave until about five-thirty, having (equally accidentally) spent an awful lot of money.

The artist that Jaredkatooie mentions might have been me: I was at MaryandDavid's table when I was surprised to discover that a piece of work I'd done for Cosmic Ray appeared (uncredited, damnit!) on one of the small-press mags. But was I boasting? Of course I was! But I was still genuinely surprised to see it!

Jared: I'm about 6" tall, mostly bald (the remainder of my hair is grey), devilishly average-looking, and I wear glasses. Was it me? Or some other poor sod that Cosmic Ray is working to death?

(Next time, I'm going to wear a name badge!)

Kudos to the organisers and the dealers, though: we need more events like this in Ireland!

Best bit: the guy in the Spider-Man costume was hanging around the door of the main room for ages. A friend of mine said something about him, then turned to see that he had gone. "Oh," she said, "Where is he?" She began to look around.
I said, "He's Spider-Man! You have to look up as well!"
And she did...

Mike C

paulvonscott

That piece was done for End is Nigh, and was passed onto LMS for the Mag, when he took it over.  You should harrass him for your comp copy!

Floyd-the-k

hooray for you Jared! Oz rules.

Trout

Yeah, Oz is fantastic! I recall being genuinely excited to find out who won.

Mike, are you aware you just said you're six inches tall? Are you one of The Borrowers?

- Trout

Mike Carroll

> "Mike, are you aware you just said you're six inches tall? Are you one of The Borrowers?"

Darn! I must have confused my aspostrophes and my quotes marks again! D"oh!

Mike

Trout

Does that mean you don't you drive a car made of cotton reels?

Damn.

Mike Carroll

Actually, I do, but it's person-sized, not Borrower-sized.

Mike