Main Menu

Which artists would you like to see return to 2000AD?

Started by Jared Katooie, 08 February, 2007, 12:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Sorry for posting on-topic but it happens sometimes.

I've been thinking recently about some of the artists whose work I havent seen in the progs for a while. I'd really like to see some more stuff by Neil Googe - I loved his chunky cartoony style. Tharg also made a big deal about Jesus Redondo and Rafeal Garres returning to the progs but we've seen barely anything from them lately.

There's many more but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. I love the artists 2000AD has at the moment but I'd love to see some of my old favourites again.

Are there any artists you guys would like to see return?

Grant Goggans

Belardinelli, mainly.  More Andy Clarke would be nice, too.

Trout

Yeah - Belardinelli, even for just one page.

- Trout

I, Cosh

It's a good question. One of the great things about 2000AD is watching artists come in and develop but it would be nice to see some of them back again.

I agree with Hipster that it would be marvellous to see something new from Belardinelli, but it seems rather unlikely now.

The big names I'd like to see back are Glenn Fabry (the definitive Slaine), Steve Dillon, Brendan McCarthy and Bryan Talbot doing a proper strip.

Less popularly, I'd love to see Simon Harrison making a Hicklenton-esque return. Maybe he could get to draw the death of Sin and Dex?
We never really die.

Art

Kevin O'Neil, for sure - does he count? And in colour rather than black and white, that;s how he works best these days.

We've had the odd Cam Kennedy story over the last few years and I'm always pleased to see those, but I'd love to see him on something a bit meatier.

More Rufus Dayglo channeling the spirit of early McMahon is always appreciated... unfortunately I'm not so sure the actual McMahons style is a real good fit for 2K these days.  

Art

Adrian Bamforth

Dudley

davidbishop

Into week 2 of the anniversary month of 2000 AD blog postings. Today features another meaty slice of Steve MacManus memories: co-creating Rogue Trooper; the travails of finding an artist for Harry 20; the advent of Alan Moore; and the relaunch of the Eagle.

davidbishop

Link: http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">28 Days of 2000 AD - Day 8

Funt Solo

Has anyone said "Carlos Ezquerra" yet?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

McMahon - new style is fine by me. It did briefly swing a bit far even for my tastes, but that Slaine he did for the Tom Frame tribute was incredible.

McCarthy - One of THE Top Dredd artists for me, second only to McMahon.

Redondo - this time drawing something suitable - Dante?  Redondo on Dante!

Colin Wilson - Another top Dredd artist, but also his Rogues were always my faves - his grimey tech was streets ahead of Dave Gibbons lovingly rendered but comparatively smart Nu Earth.

Of that list, I'm assuming the top two are otherwise engaged in financially better pursuits, though both Colin and Jesus have returned, so I hold out some small hope for them popping up again.

Dudley

+rufus+

Mick McM is drawing a cover as we ...err.. type...
:-)

For me... Brendan McCarthy, Brett Ewins, Glenn Fabry, John Cooper, Ramon Sola, Ron Smith, Mike Western, Steve Dillon, Glyn Dillon, Jamie Hewlett, Kev O'Neill..

And Guy Davis, Ash Wood, Jordi Bernet to do something, if only covers...

Simon Harrison on Sin/Dex would be great!!

:-)

Leigh S

yay! should be the 30th anniversary cover instead of the weird 90s thing in the promos... grumble..... (has brief hope it IS).... (hope passes).....(hope returns vaguely).... (tries not to take comic so seriously)....

johnnystress

Everyone mentioned here

also Jose Ortiz- I reckon he could do a nice Button Man if Arthur isnt doin the next one

Steve Parkhouse- because he is great