Main Menu

Tharg(s) at Edinburgh Book Festival

Started by CalHab, 19 June, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Proudhuff

I noticed that too!
Who's up for a pint?

It is sponsored by THE BROOKLYN BREWERY!!
:D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Tickets bought!
Will be working that day so its curry and beer before hand, anyone up for it?
DDT did a job on me

CalHab

I see that it's on the Tuesday. I'm planning on heading down for the fringe the weekend before but I'll stick around for the Thargs if I can wangle a longer stay.

Proudhuff

Dode and I will be there! Pints before hand... and last train home  :D
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I'm lead to believe The Mighty John McShane will be in attendance  :D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Nothing arranged yet  ;) CF would be impressed...

Looks like the bar in the Gardens our best bet, I'm the big ugly bastard, come and say hello, but no hugs  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

obvs, except you honey!  :P

Dode and I meeting in the Oxford at seven, then hurpling along... 
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Oh FFS. This is tonight! And I'm on a train back from a day working in Edinburgh. This is the second time I have fecked up event dates recently.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

you missed a good event Tips, Mr McManus seemed a bit reticent, but that might have been the even handed and entertaining Mr Bishop (not a euphemism) telling his side of the Mills boon.

The sponsors done us proud, with free Caucasian sized willie warmers and a can of beer, which entertained me no end  :D

A number of other droids were stotting about the Yurt, and good to see Alex Ronald briefly before his train back to weegeeville... TMO should have him on the books permanently! Covers and page art  :thumbsup:

Rebellion and matt Smith came out smelling of roses too

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Really would welcome more direct representation from the Bishop camp as to date, as I've said before a Millsian view predominates and as ever there's two sides to every story.

Sounds like an interesting night.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 August, 2017, 12:29:03 PM
Really would welcome more direct representation from the Bishop camp as to date, as I've said before a Millsian view predominates and as ever there's two sides to every story.

Sounds like an interesting night.

he's often about here... start a thread Colin!
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Maybe Dave Bishop could write some kind of book, putting across his version of 2000ad history.