Main Menu

Vacancies

Started by updatatr0n, 29 June, 2009, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

B-Man is our last hope to stop the inevitable catastrophe that is Blood of Satanus 4: Fuck all y'all. Godspeed old friend, your task is too much of a burden for the best of men. But you are more than man. You are Buttonman.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jim_Campbell

QuoteOddly enough, I probably could do it, but I also know that there's no way they're paying enough for me (and the missus) to relocate that far South

Arse! Too slow for the edit!

After posting, I realized that my previous post makes it sound like I know for a fact that the positions pay peanuts. I know no such thing[/b]. There's good money in novels, probably more than comics, to be honest ... it's just that the difference between a 3-bed terrace here and a 3-bed terrace [/i]there[/i] is still ~£100K, or £500 a month on a regular 25yr repayment ... so they'd have to do £6K over my current earnings in order for me to stand still, and then I'd have to persuade the missus!

Nonetheless, I hope that some of our fine boarders DO apply. If any of you get one of these jobs, do come back and let us know, eh?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

ya best of luck to Buttonman and anyother boarder who applies.

Proudhuff

Well do BUttman, its in the bag!

Personally I think Bolt should be given it without the whoha of interviews and all that gubbings  :D

so who exactly is moving on from Oxford or is it an GASP! staff increase?
DDT did a job on me

Grant Goggans

Well, hang on thar, Buttonman.  I've looked up this Oxford place and it's not that far a commute at all from me - sixty minutes, tops.  I'm looking for new work right now anyway, so I reckon you've got competition for the position.  Is there a Waffle House near the Rebellion offices?  I'll be needin' my grits every mornin' before work.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "Buttonman"Might get  'fuck off' on some nice headed paper!

I've got some nice headed paper.

TordelBack

Ugh. Grits.  Never was there a more disappointing food experience.

Bolt-01

"Quotey stuff:(on which note, I might observe that their chances of finding InDesign, HTML and graphics re-sizing skills and proof reading ability in the same droid for the Production Assistant job must be fairly slim! Sounds like two people to me. The Desk Editor job sounds easier.)"

I 'can' do all that, and what is worse I enjoy that sort of stuff- however I only have amateur experience and 17 years NHS pension built up.

What I would 'love' is an opportunity to spend a week in the nerve centre (The commute from the brum wastes wouldn't be too bad I think) to actually gain some experience of the reality of putting out the comic/books/collections. As I reckon that just sitting at my PC and talking rubbish with mates and hassling folks fer pretty pictures isn't really representative.

Ha, typing that I've just realised that I'd actually pay for that sort of experience.

Dog Deever

Reckon you should give it a whirl, Bolt- you never know. What's the worst that can happen?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

The Legendary Shark

Yes, Bolt, it has to be worth a letter to Tharg. The stuff you put out is top-notch and surely Old Mossface knows all about it. I'd be willing to bet at least 20p that he'd be happy to show you around - even if only for an afternoon. Good PR for Twoothy (Tharg holds out helping hand to small press/Rebellion looks to the future, and suchlike) and invaluable experience for you (How to horsewhip writers properly/Demanding artwork with menaces in a subtle way).

What have you got to lose?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Kev Levell

With all you do for the cause of Thrill-power Bolt, I'm sure that Tharg would be willing to let you into the nerve centre for a gander at least!

W. R. Logan

So have we worked out if its Jonathons Job thats up for grabs?

I commuted from Norfolk to the Nerve Centre but thats in the days when they had a staff house to use. Although since thats now gone and they've moved to new offices you may be lucky and be able to roll your sleeping bag out on to carpet.

Trout

Go for it, Bolt. Whisper it, but there are unofficial DC Thomson tours for comics pros - I've been bugging one prominent artist to take up the offer so I can tag along - and I can't think of anyone more worthy of a few hours in Tharg's mighty presence!

- Trout

GordonR

Quote from: "the_legendary_shark"Yes, Bolt, it has to be worth a letter to Tharg. The stuff you put out is top-notch and surely Old Mossface knows all about it. I'd be willing to bet at least 20p that he'd be happy to show you around - even if only for an afternoon.

An afternoon?  You could comfortably see all of the Command Module in about 30 seconds, and there's really not that much to see, unless a bunch of people sitting at desks and working on PCs is an unusual sight in your life.

A bigger issue would be that the Command Module is in one corner of Rebellion's large open-plan studio, which is full of development teams working on super-secret games projects.  Guided tours and drop-in visits from outsiders definitely not encouraged in these kinds of environments.

Hell, the last time I was there, I was carefully kept away from one part of the studio because I wasn't allowed to know what was being done there, and I'm already working for them on one of their games.

The Legendary Shark

Stop being so negative. I have 20p riding on this...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]