Main Menu

Stay tuned, earthlets - exciting Dredd movie news ...

Started by Molch-R, 22 July, 2011, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Say...it's not gonna make us age ten years, is it?
Never ever bloody anything ever

dracula1

JOE SOAP

dracula1

We wish. Anybody got prof' Hawkins email, perhaps we can get him on it?

Hoagy

I'm with Dom on this It's actually set to release on my eldest sister's birthday which is exactly a week after mine. But whoa! What a comedown from a weeks celebrating my 40th!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 July, 2011, 11:37:34 AM
Just out of interest, does anyone have to hand info on the gap between wrap and release for a) the stallone dredd, and b) district 9?
SBT

The Stallone Judge Dredd movie began filming in July 1994 and finally wrapped in late January 1995- I remember the time frame well as I was avidly following it's progress at the time- with the completed movie released in North America on June 30th, 1995.  That means post-production looks like it only lasted for an insanely tight five months, but they could have been assembling footage and working on effects shots prior to production wrapping, I have no idea on that regard.

The new Dredd movie is being released in September 2012 so the visual effects and 3-D can be rendered to their fullest potential, and also so the distributors, Lionsgate in particular, can create an effective marketing campaign to make the wider audience aware and interested in the movie in the immediate months leading up to release- and I for one am glad they seem to be taking their time with this, do we really want a re-run of 1995...?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.