Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 22 September, 2017, 09:59:06 PM
QuoteIt would really screw with audience expectation to have a mid-budget Star Wars film.
Thing is, the average punter doesn't have a clue about movie budgets - it's not as if you'd have to market it as such, and there's no need for a low or midrange budget movie to look cheap in this day and age - I'm just saying that maybe not every single blockbuster needs to end with a 45 minute cacophony of cgi excess?

It's nearly always clear in a trailer how 'expensive' or 'big' a film looks – even at a sub-conscious level it registers with the audience – unless you have an expensive cast, which can amount to the same thing.

radiator

Quotemaybe, just maybe, once these first 5 are done we'll get something more original.

Like an Obi Wan movie, you mean?

I can't be the only one who rolled their eyes at that announcement, right?

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 23 September, 2017, 01:36:13 AM
Quotemaybe, just maybe, once these first 5 are done we'll get something more original.

Like an Obi Wan movie, you mean?

I can't be the only one who rolled their eyes at that announcement, right?

No indeed, you were not alone there.  But an Obi-Wan movie could be good, in that McGregor is a decent actor, the character is pretty versatile (as the Clone Wars series showed), and the canvas is pretty blank.  Much as Tatooine bores me to death (even before the Prequels I was sick of it), with a different tone you could do something interesting and low key with moisture farmers, Jedi refugees, sand people, desert and (probably) slug-gangsters.

Of course your unspoken suspicions are unfortunately correct, and Obi-Wan will be whipped away from all that in the first act for a space adventure where he saves the future of the galaxy by blowing shit up.  But we can hope.

Goaty

Ron Howard is a big teaser to tweet this;

#tagandbink?

JOE SOAP

Frank

TordelBack

Well they certainly kept us, uh, guessing.

JOE SOAP

I'll get my wish

Someday

CRUMB – A Star Wars Story

Goaty

TordelBack

At least they have a name already sorted for the sequel.

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 27 December, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
Anyone notice brand new Falcon...?  :o

Ah. So we find out how the bit in the middle of the front section fell off. Can't speak for anyone else, but that's the question I've been waiting forty years for an answer to.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

The years were not kind to Han and Lando, but seriously, what's Chewie's secret?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 December, 2017, 07:59:04 PM
The years were not kind to Han and Lando, but seriously, what's Chewie's secret?

L'Oréal. He's worth it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.