Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

amines2058

And apparently an even longer trailer coming later today following its broadcast on Good Morning America! So should be available to stream early afternoon.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Meh. Still can't get over TLJ. And that looks like a rehash of Rogue One
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: SIP on 05 February, 2018, 06:44:00 AM
Okay.....now I'm excited!  :D

I think we should just agree to have the opposite view on all new SW films going forward.  Think of the time we'd save!   ;)

Do I spy a fight on the roof of a train (even a space train), is this what it's come to...  I'm also starting to think CGI Ford may have been the way to go, if we're going to have sultry glances to camera.

But look, not enough to go on beyond Lando's Rura Penthe pimp coat, I'll hold off on the criticisms until I see more.

TordelBack

Holy sweet jeebus, I thought I was jumping the gun with the negativity: the YouTube comments (I KNOW) are already half full of attacks on the inclusion of  A Woman (Emilia Clarke) in the trailer.  Apparently we don't need another woman because we know Han ends up with Leia and a potential life-mate is the only possible reason that a woman would be involved in what is, after all, a man's story: unless the SJWs got to Disney again.  If only that was the sole problem with this project.

Hmmm, I wonder do these warriors of wankland know that both Han Solo trilogies have a woman at the heart of their plots (especially the Crispin one). 

I think I may have to go and jump up and down on something breakable, and then block YouTube on all my devices.

SIP

Quote from: TordelBack on 05 February, 2018, 01:09:12 PM
Quote from: SIP on 05 February, 2018, 06:44:00 AM
Okay.....now I'm excited!  :D

I think we should just agree to have the opposite view on all new SW films going forward.  Think of the time we'd save!   ;)

Ha ha, possibly true TB.......but the fact is, I'm excited by EVERY Star Wars film trailer. Recently the disappointment has set in only after ive seen them.

But I appreciate the comments here saying it'll be a box ticking exercise. The sad truth is, that's what I want. I want a nice comfortable thing with a few thrills and a warm fuzzy ending. That's where I am in my life right now.

No alarms and no surprises please.

Keef Monkey

AAAAAAAAGH even after reading Tordelback's post I still had a quick scroll at the comments. I should not have looked. I did find it very amusing that the anti-women brigade like to accuse anyone who responds of being 'triggered' when they're the ones throwing childish tantrums because of a 2 second shot in a movie trailer. Cretins.

Trailer looks great though! That's the last one I'll watch though, managed to skip pretty much all the trailers for the recent SW movies and am really enjoying going in cold without any of that expectation or hype. Fingers crossed this'll be another good one, Disney are batting 3 for 3 so far in my eyes.

TordelBack

OK, so this longer one is self-evidently much better.  Do wish they could have found a more interesting design for Han's speeder, though.  I suppose it would have a certain functional cool, if I didn't know it was actually exactly what it looks like: a real car with the wheels CGI'd out...

Bring back the elephants with rugs draped over them, I say.

SIP

Bolt-01

Oh, that looks like a hoot and a half!

Goaty

Tiplodocus

The comments are hilarious. My favourite is "Apart from the visuals and music cues that looks nothing like Star Wars."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

pauljholden

God those posters are great ... and... and they're... oh god... they're ... painted

*sobs*

-pj

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 05 February, 2018, 02:31:18 PM
The comments are hilarious. My favourite is "Apart from the visuals and music cues that looks nothing like Star Wars."

I think I have even more contempt for the prefrontal-leucotomy gang who parrot Red Letter Media's catchphrases in ALL-CAPS without displaying an iota of understanding of the thought that went into those valid criticisms of the Disney era movies. 

After a few viewings with the sound way up, I still think this was a bad idea from the get-go, but I now have to admit an interest (if not in Han himself) in Lando and his EU-appropriate droid co-pilot, Woody's mentor character, the girl with the 'fro and the big gun, and the general idea of a SW heist movie that this trailer seems to be selling.  I'd like to be interested in Emilia Clarke's character, but I still have her pretty woeful Sarah Connor in my head (still not close to being the worst thing in that movie, mind). 

If I'd had one request of this trailer, it would have been to leave the Star Destroyer and TIE Fighters in the background, and leaving the antagonists as hailing from the scum-and-villainy end of the spectrum, but I suppose that was never going to happen.

Posters are the bonafide shizzle.