Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Would this not be the CGI/quasi animated style of Warcraft?
Never ever bloody anything ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: DrRocka on 16 July, 2018, 11:13:35 AM

With Rogue's near-zero brand recognition amongst the general public, I'd expect the budget to be quite a bit smaller than Warcraft's...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: DrRocka on 16 July, 2018, 11:13:35 AM

I assume it's cheaper to have a painted actor but maybe a CGI Rogue would be better. The Apes in the those Planet of the Apes films certainly look believable to the audience. I hope Rogue has a 'Stealth' adaption added so he can change the colour of his skin chameleon style to suit the environment he's fighting in and blend effectively into the background.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Beeks

I'd like to see something with the look of 'Edge Of Tomorrow' a film that despite Tom Cruise, I loved

I wasn't a huge fan of Rogue Trooper as a kid..Johnny, Joe, Ro-Jaws, Torquemada et al took up most of my attention..but as far as conversion to the big screen goes and appeal to a mass audience who would have never heard of the strip..Rogue is as good as it gets
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 July, 2018, 11:32:12 AM
I assume it's cheaper to have a painted actor but maybe a CGI Rogue would be better.

Are those the only two options? Would it not be possible to tweak the skin colour of a real actor as part of the digital grading process? (Genuinely curious, not being snarky.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Keef Monkey

If we're talking dream casting, I'd always thought Tom Jane would make a fantastic Rogue.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 July, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
I assume it's cheaper to have a painted actor but maybe a CGI Rogue would be better.

Are those the only two options? Would it not be possible to tweak the skin colour of a real actor as part of the digital grading process? (Genuinely curious, not being snarky.)

Whichever style works best if they got the money! That is, of course, a bit of an unknown at the moment. I'm genuinely surprised it was Rogue rather than something like Dredd 2 or even a Sinister Dexter/Button Man style film which would be cheaper production wise.

― Nikola Tesla

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 16 July, 2018, 12:13:33 PM
If we're talking dream casting, I'd always thought Tom Jane would make a fantastic Rogue.

Sold!! I bloody love Tom Jane. Joel Kinnamon has a the look for it for me too, not so sure of the acting though

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 July, 2018, 07:37:07 PM
Its very exciting for those that love Rogue and there do seem to be many. It seems like a simple enough concept (once you've sussed how to make the Bio-chips work I guess)

Worked for KITT on low-budget TV in the early 1980s - can't see biochips would be a problem now.

sheridan

I assume it's cheaper to have a painted actor but maybe a CGI Rogue would be better. The Apes in the those Planet of the Apes films certainly look believable to the audience.

It's easier to make a non-human creature believable to an audience, as they're not so familiar with them, whereas we have close contact, look at and talk to human being's faces every day.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: sheridan on 16 July, 2018, 12:31:57 PM
I assume it's cheaper to have a painted actor but maybe a CGI Rogue would be better. The Apes in the those Planet of the Apes films certainly look believable to the audience.

It's easier to make a non-human creature believable to an audience, as they're not so familiar with them, whereas we have close contact, look at and talk to human being's faces every day.

An Actor then but who? WHO? What about his Bio Chip buddies or will he even have them? They could make it a straight revenge story without Helm, Gunnar or Bagman's synth chips and the 3 Amigos would appear during the old 'Nam flashback disease they seem to have in Movies a lot as his cannon fodder Pals.

― Nikola Tesla

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Are those the only two options? Would it not be possible to tweak the skin colour of a real actor ...

That's a bit harsh Jim, what you want some poor schmo injected with blueberry juice or some such!

davidbishop

I hear Scarlett Johansson has a gap in her schedule...

Steve Green

You could, depends on what's else in the background.

If any of the landscape shifts towards pinks/browns then they're going to shift colour as well - but if you're rotoscoping characters, not such a big deal.

Tried doing it to a degree on the short where makeup was wearing thin/off during stunts, but it tended to shift more than just him, and since there was only one instance of a regular human with pink skin, it might have just made it look like a blueish grade rather than him being blue.

I imagine it would just be makeup and any required digital touch ups - CGI reserved for armies. Could probably get quite a lot out of head mounting a camera for the southers and doing digital versions for the medium to background troops, since you're only seeing their face through a visor.