Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

In my hometown, if you want new 2000AD trades you go to waterstones, who usually carry a fairly good selection of recent releases in their graphic novels section. You never go to whsmith, as they jam their single shelf with manga, batman and other u.s titan titles. From time to time they get one or two, but have had al's baby, backlash and leviathan sitting there for many many months, unsold and unloved.

Imagine my surprise when i shot through today on my way to the bus stop, and found restricted files vol1, case files 1,2,6,7,11,15,16,17, slaine the lord of misrule, slaine the wanderer, and the bendatti vendetta keeping them company!

Edit: colin, i wont be in london tomorrow for the pat mills signing after all, as im now a bit broke. This message may go someway to explaining that! i cant get on fb at the moment, and cant pm from my phone's version of the board, so hope you read this!

SBT

Colin Zeal

No problem SBT. I had to give it a miss as well as I had to do some last minute babysitting of my nephew.

Proudhuff

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

as it was my 50th at the weekend I was excused... everything!! had a great meal out on Friday night,  Saturday: a long lie then a pie and a pint with a old mucker, then off to a family party for moi! where someone had learnt me favourite western swing song just for moi, another long lie and breakie in bed with my comics follow by another kip and a house to myself then Battle LA, oh and lots of loverly prezzies, pity its only every 50 years!!!

back tae old klaze and porrige
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

COMMANDO FORCES

Happy Birthday to you Mr Ancient. I reckon you must be the oldest on here, Grandad  ;)

Proudhuff

you're only as old as the comics you read  :D
DDT did a job on me

Colin Zeal

I took £50 off a mate over a single shot while playing pool last night in the pub. Very handy as I need the cash. Hopefully he won't plead drunkeness when I next see him and ask for it back.

mogzilla

SuperSurfer

... I have a gap with work and am going to take a financial hit, but this quiet period means I can do lots of catching up in various departments. Last week I got a backlog of invoices out and I can now get on with updating cv, portfolio, drawing and posting stuff online. What I'm enjoying though is catching up with reading a mountain of comics and graphic novels I've had for ages.

SuperSurfer

... oh, and finishing off drawings that I promised yonks ago. Feel real guilty about that.

Rog69

A woman half my age flirted with me today and then the vending machine dropped an extra Yorkie bar, raisin and biscuit no less!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Rog69 on 20 September, 2011, 11:39:35 PM
A woman half my age flirted with me today and then the vending machine dropped an extra Yorkie bar, raisin and biscuit no less!
Helping an old man across the road is not flirting.
We never really die.

SmallBlueThing

True story: when i was a youngish teenager, i helped an old man across a road in st leonards, and then to his front door because he seemed not to be able to walk properly. It was only when we were at his steps that i noticed he had his cock out all the time, and he invited me in to wank him off.

So apparently, sometimes it is.

SBT

Note: i ran away, before anyone gets smart.

COMMANDO FORCES

I didn't know that Proudhuff used to live down there  :lol:

Something Fishy