Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 May, 2012, 05:52:46 PM
It's adversely affecting my ability to walk home.

Olympic torch up the rectum? Ouch.
STRIKE !!!

James Stacey

It's ok for the first inch or so. Then it starts to get uncomfortable.

House of Usher

So, what really happened? Does you route home take you across Newport Road, and was it closed for the benefit of the Olympic torch bearer and accompanying security detail?
STRIKE !!!

James Stacey

My route home is down Newport road, yes. There were 'throngs' of people all down the road clogging the pavement almost entirely so I was literally forcing my way down the road. In hindsight I should have probably gone to the pub and let it all blow over.

staticgirl

Take pity on us poor Londoners this Summer, maisters.

Satanist

I have just discovered tandoori square sausage. Breakfast and life as I know it will never be the same again.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Frank

Quote from: Satanist on 27 May, 2012, 10:22:02 AM
I have just discovered tandoori square sausage. Breakfast and life as I know it will never be the same again.

There is no foodstuff that my nation cannot make more disgusting or more dangerous to your digestive health and life expectancy. Not an April Fool, and no doubt just as tasty as it looks.

Trout

Quote from: Satanist on 27 May, 2012, 10:22:02 AM

Where can I acquire this Holy Grail of breakfast meats?

Satanist

My local shop gets it in from the farmers market.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

Spikes

Sort of a mixed bag for me today, but its been more good than bad, so thisll be the best place to post rather than in minor impediments.

A glorious sunshine filled day off from work, so a nice drive out to the country beckoned, and it was in the middle of nowhere that my car decided to die on me,  :(
Two hours later rescue came, and when we finally made it home, my first batch of 2000ad back issues was waiting for me. Just waiting on the prognosis from the garage now.

SmallBlueThing

Because a day spent doing my wife's hair has been made not only bearable, but actually fun, by the addition of Hamish & Dougal series one and three, and Im Sorry I Havent A Clue. Great stuff- made all the better by H&D being downloaded FREE as part of Amazon's new audible.com one month trial.

Oh and the kids are away til this evening, and not back until after i'll have had my tea.

SBT

Frank

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 June, 2012, 03:57:01 PM
Because a day spent doing my wife's hair has been made not only bearable, but actually fun, by the addition of Hamish & Dougal series one and three, and Im Sorry I Havent A Clue. Great stuff- made all the better by H&D being downloaded FREE as part of Amazon's new audible.com one month trial.

Oh and the kids are away til this evening, and not back until after i'll have had my tea.

You'll have had your tea, then?

von Boom

When I arrived at work today there was an ominous looking packet from the govm'nt lying on my desk. I watched carefully for a couple of hours before finally opening it. Turns out it was only a request for some basic information. Two pages of forms with a booklet heavier than some municipalities' phone books.

In my experience, large packages from official sources rarely yield good things, but in this case it wasn't a bad one at least.

Dandontdare

nah, packages are usually fine, the govt rarely sends out parcel, bombs - it's the small brown envelopes that you need to watch out for.