Main Menu

Plans for Nemesis the Warlock?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 03 November, 2008, 12:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

An idle thought, but the 2000ad home page describes itself as "The Official Home of Judge Dredd, Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper and the Galaxy's Greatest Comic". I'm quoting the text that appears at the top of explorer as a description of the site.

This strikes me as an odd emphasis. This is, I think, a recent wording dating to the creation of the new site. So, why? If you're going to choose characters to promote the site, then I understand Dredd and Rogue, but why Nemesis over all the others you could pick? Why is he given precedence over, for example, Strontium Dog?

Maybe there's about to be a push on Nemesis?
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Uh I was really hoping they'd be a little more concrete evidence, or even a rumour from a fan who'd talked to Pat Mills on this. I'd love to see Nemesis back. I've still to read book 10 (was it?) as that appeared during my wilderness years so not sure how well it ended?

That said it'd have to be a bleedin' marvelous ending to make me want to leave it alone and not have Nemesis return.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "ctaylor"I've still to read book 10 (was it?) as that appeared during my wilderness years so not sure how well it ended?
FWIW, that's included in the third Nemesis collection.

As for the site title, it's not great for SEO. It should really include Sláine, Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper alongside Dredd, what with them being the most popular characters. This is what I did for the books site ("2000 AD books - graphic novels and trade paperbacks featuring Judge Dredd, Sláine, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, and more").

Richmond Clements

It'd be cool to see some more, but I have heard from the horses mouth, as it were, that the whole Nemesis saga is a closed book.

The Monarch

I found it pretty odd as I thought someone more recent like nikolai dante would have been a better choice

JamesC

Well Dredd and Rogue have had video games made about them by Rebellion.
Maybe Nemesis is next?

JOE SOAP

but the Nemesis universe still goes on, or is it the A.B.C. universe?