Main Menu

Lovely Bobble Head Designs on Cliff Robinson's Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 09 November, 2008, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

I know some people hate those bobble head thingies but Cliff Robinson has posted the designs for the 2000AD ones on his blog. They's luvverly!

Linky: //http://cliffrobinsoncomicart.blogspot.com/

Mardroid

Are they a design he just did for fun, or a commission, i.e. for some merchandise coming out?

Either way I think they're great. I don't buy all that much merchandise, but I'll admit I've got some bobble-heads. In my case they're Red Dwarf related (Inquisitor, Kryten and Dwayne Dibbley) but I'd consider adding 2000 AD versions to my collection.

Mardroid

Ah thanks. (Actually I think I've seen those. My brain is like a sieve sometimes...)

Colin YNWA

Slightly off topic but is that Anniversary commission on the Cliff Robinson webpage absolutely fantastic!

Man I need to be working on dropping some hints to my lovely wife!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: "ctaylor"that Anniversary commission on the Cliff Robinson webpage absolutely fantastic!

[smug] It's even better framed [/smug]
Lock up your spoons!

Pete Wells

Hey Dr X, did you frame the line art or the coloured version?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Tweak72

For the first time I find my self wanting to by a bobble head er - thing.  :shock:
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

JOE SOAP

If these bobbleheads were normally proportioned, they'd be the best Twoth figures ever released.

Mardroid

Quote from: "garageman"If these bobbleheads were normally proportioned, they'd be the best Twoth figures ever released.
Then they wouldn't be bobbleheads. They'd be figurines or action figures (but I agree they'd look great.)

In some ways I find myself preferring the artwork to the actual bobbleheads (even though they're pretty much the same.) Which doesn't mean I dislike them mind, I'm talking comparatively here.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Mardroid"
Quote from: "garageman"If these bobbleheads were normally proportioned, they'd be the best Twoth figures ever released.
Then they wouldn't be bobbleheads. They'd be figurines or action figures (but I agree they'd look great.)

Exactly, practically all of the licensed statues/figures of Twoth people look shit, apart from that plastic Stront figure.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "garageman"
Quote from: "Mardroid"

Exactly, practically all of the licensed statues/figures of Twoth people look shit, apart from that plastic Stront figure.

ooh, I dunno - I've always liked this one, but maybe 'cos it wasn't hideously overpriced like most mercahndising. Can't remember the exact offer, but it was a real bargain! :D

Pete Wells

I'm trying hard not to post on here every time Cliff updates his blog but his work is just so damn good! He recently posted inks for three recent covers, they're lovely!

Linky: //http://cliffrobinsoncomicart.blogspot.com/

Bouwel

Very, very nice art.

I also want to Rogue Trooper bobblehead :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-