Main Menu

Prog 1867 - Fight The Power

Started by JamesC, 01 February, 2014, 09:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Apologies TordelBack, it appears Greg M's the replicant.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Greg M.

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 09 February, 2014, 07:14:01 PM
Thanks for combining the necessary useful contents information with insightful criticism and real enthusiasm, neebs. Those aren't qualities commonly found in the accompanying customer reviews, Mabs's aside.

Cheers sauchie and Mabs - glad the reviews have proved helpful to folks.

A.Cow

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 09 February, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
When kritarchy breaks down...

Woah!  Y'just gone and lerned me a new werd!

"Kritarchy."  Yup, I likes the sound o' that.  That there is Justice Dept. in a nutshell.

Frank

Quote from: A.Cow on 10 February, 2014, 03:11:43 AM
Quote from: sauchie olympics on 09 February, 2014, 02:55:16 PM
When kritarchy breaks down...

Woah!  Y'just gone and lerned me a new werd! "Kritarchy."  Yup, I likes the sound o' that.  That there is Justice Dept. in a nutshell.

Like everything else worth knowing in life, I learned it from JOE SOAP.

James Stacey

As far as the cybernetics go, Sinfield had a chin when he left for Titan I seem to remember so the injury at the hands of SJS or other inmates would have happened on or on the way to Titan. It's entirely consistent then it would be as basic as possible. Rico has a prosthetic chin doesn't he and that's not noticeable.
Nixon was Wally squad so wouldn't have an expensive realistic prosthetic if it would compromise her. She may even have had it purely to help her undercover. Again the arm makes sense in that context. The only one that really doesn't fit is Guthrie. He was a great character and it seemed odd the way he was retired off due to what seemed illogical prosthetics.

TordelBack

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 February, 2014, 09:45:32 AM
As far as the cybernetics go, Sinfield had a chin when he left for Titan I seem to remember so the injury at the hands of SJS or other inmates would have happened on or on the way to Titan.

Aye, we see him starting out on Titan with the robochin at the start of The Skinning Room.

Recrewt

For me, the Prog is rolling along nicely at the moment.  Yeah, perhaps its not the best it could be but there is a lot going right which means I look forward to each week's addition.

Quote from: Goaty on 07 February, 2014, 08:16:08 PM
Anyone feelings sorry for Dredd?

If I had a complaint about Titan it would be that Dredd has been very ineffective throughout.   He nearly bought it on entry, seemed to take forever to figure out the handcuff/rust thing and now spends most of his time on his arse.  I know that several fights have occurred off page but he just doesn't seem up to the job.  I get that they are trying to show that he is now older and not so invincible but if you push it too far then surely folks will wonder why he hasn't gone on the long walk?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: James Stacey on 10 February, 2014, 09:45:32 AM
The only one that really doesn't fit is Guthrie. He was a great character and it seemed odd the way he was retired off due to what seemed illogical prosthetics.

I seem to remember a line or two to the effect that he 'retired' due to how the citizens would react to be judged by an almost fully-robotic man, than any inability to do his job. Not that it still wasn't an utterly stupid end for a once-great character.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 February, 2014, 01:42:51 PMNot that it still wasn't an utterly stupid end for a once-great character.

Not necessarily the end.  Isn't he currently the warder on the former WayneCorp vessel Saw MMCXXXIX?  Bound to have survived the Chaos bug out there.

Spikes

Quite a smart cover by Mr Harrison, which I didn't totally like to begin with, but has grown on me loads.

Ulysses Sweet again, is a fun and bonkers read, that im not disliking. Though as I said before, itll not really be owt ill return to, id imagine.
Still liking - a lot, is Grey Area. Not really put a step wrong since its return. And to be fair, I quite enjoyed it before. Good stuff. The Future Shock is OK. These tend to pass me by now, but not a bad example all told.
And after a good few weeks of this not really kicking in - for me, Stronty is a particularly fine episode this week.

And then there's Dredd:thumbsup:
Still the best of the bunch by a long way, though this weeks helping is, perhaps, slightly muddled.
Loving Gerhart's reveal - though it doesn't seem to quite tally with Prog 1836.
And the last two pages needed to be re-read and pondered upon. This tale is aces though, and can easily survive a slightly 'off' episode.
Very keen to see how all this plays out, but not that keen to see it end, if you know what I mean.
Im happy for this to run its weekly course.

Good stuff.

Tiplodocus

Enjoying DREDD on TITAN - loving some ideas (feels like Dredd is genuinely at the edge) more than others (returning villains, revenge plot) and similarly the art (loved the free fall sequence, Dredd threatening people but not so keen on trying to work out what the heck was going on at the airlock or with Gerhardt's ott injuries).

GREY AREA and STRONT are both solid reads but lack the zing (different kinds) I'd expect from their respective writers.

ULYSEES SWEET hasn't connected with me yet - I'm frightened to start reading it all again.

ABC WARRIORS is just utterly impenetrable to me know. I genuinely haven't got a clue what happened when or who some of the characters are. And sadly, I'm not even a fan of the art - though it should be perfect for mechanicals.

I liked the Futureshock.

Blimey - reading back that review probably is the reason I've not been rushing to download the progs as soon as they come out. I do it in batches of about 4 or 6.  I wonder if I went back to weekly I'd be more engaged?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!